I'm planning to refactor V8 bindings, blocking this meta bug. Let's discuss high-level stuff here.
- Remove v8::Undefined(), v8::Handle<v8::Value>(), ...etc and use v8Undefined() everywhere.
- Clean up V8Binding.h and document what each method does (just like v8.h).
- Rename classes and files for clarification and consistency (e.g. SharedPersistent => OwnPersistent, WindowShell => WindowProxy, V8BindingsPerIsolateData => V8PerIsolateData, etc)
- Remove hand-written ref()/deref() and Persistent::New()/Dispose().
- Fix a bunch of incorrect use of v8::TryCatch().
- Simplify V8Parameter and V8ParameterBase.
That all sounds great. Can I add one thing? We should break V8Binding.h down into a bunch of smaller headers. At the moment, it's a bit of a dumping ground for random functions.
(In reply to comment #1)
> That all sounds great. Can I add one thing? We should break V8Binding.h down into a bunch of smaller headers. At the moment, it's a bit of a dumping ground for random functions.
I do agree. At least I'd like to split out "V8 Binding APIs" from V8Binding.h to another header with a good documentation in each method (just like v8.h).
V8 is gone.