Web Notification support in QtWebkit is still lacking. This is a meta bug for all the changes I am planning to do.
These changes include:
1. Fix the association between Notification object and JSNotification objects. JSNotification objects are not ref'ed properly and are garbage collected shortly after they were created.
2. Make NotificatioPresenter a singleton. A notification object can outlive the page that created it, and the current design does not allow for that.
3. Add support for loading icons for the notifications
4. Add support for the platform plugin to override the default behavior.
Things that I did not implement yet:
5. Add support for web workers based notifications.
6. Add support for downloading the markup for HTML based notifications.
Are we expecting any more notification implementation or have finished all implementation tasks?
Can we close this bug? this is blocking Bug 39121 Master bug for QtWebkit 2.1
A few things might still be needed for notifications:
1. The spec is still early draft, and changes to it may impact the implementation in QtWebKit.
2. I was asked to hook up Notifications with the Universal Indicator. This will require changes to the PlatformPlugin interface.
3. NotificationPresenter in Chromium is quite different than in QtWebKit, and someone asked me to help consolidate the implementations.
#2 was committed in bug 44836. #1 and #3 are long term goals, so I think after bug 44836 is cherry-picked, we should close this bug.
(In reply to comment #3)
> #2 was committed in bug 44836. #1 and #3 are long term goals, so I think after bug 44836 is cherry-picked, we should close this bug.
If all tasks have been done, please go ahead and close it. Patches are cherry-picked when they (and all dependencies) are closed+fixed and block Bug 39121.
All tasks have been done, closing the bug.
All changes have been integrated into qtwebkit-2.1, removing Bug 39121 from the blockers list. Thanks.