On Safari 15.1 running on MacOS Monterey
1) Navigate to https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/peerconnection/change-codecs/
2) Click Start (this acquire user media)
3) Click Call (this establishes webrtc call)
4) Using developer console disable Local Video track using:
localStream.getVideoTracks().enabled = false
5) Notice that Safari crashes and reloads the page.
Note: this happens only when using default (H264 codec) if codec preferences was changed to VP8, crash does not happen.
Duplicate of https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=232006. Fix is on the way, but didn't make it to 15.1 in time. Expected fix is 15.2, but it's anyone's guess.
I would indeed look at upcoming iOS 15.2 betas.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 231505 ***