If a user gets an incoming phone call during a WebRTC call, the local media capture will break, as well as any remote media playing back (possibly due to autoplay policy).
1. Go to https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/peerconnection/pc1/ on iOS 15
2. Click "Start". Observe that you can see yourself.
3. Click "Call". Observe that remote media works and you can hear yourself.
4. Receive an incoming phone call
5. Observe that the call is now broken, and the page still says it's capturing.
All WebRTC services not implementing some kind of hacky workaround. This should just work.
Possibly have a dedicated "play" button that literally no other WebRTC supporting device or video call service has ever needed, which will confuse users and provide bad UX for something that should just work.
Really just the exact same thing as https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=230536, but I wanted to have two explicit bugs about this.
Thanks for the report, I agree all 3 reports are probably tied to the same issue.
We are looking into it.
Any updates on this?
Our team is also currently facing these same issues that our workarounds are no longer fixing.
I can confirm this now works as expected on iOS 15.2. Marking as resolved.
Again, thank you youenn!
@email@example.com we are able to reproduce this issue on ios 15.3.1
Reproducible on IOS 15.4.1