If a user accidentally triggers Siri during a WebRTC call, the local media capture will break, as well as any remote media playing back (possibly due to autoplay policy).
1. Go to https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/peerconnection/pc1/ on iOS 15
2. Click "Start". Observe that you can see yourself.
3. Click "Call". Observe that remote media works and you can hear yourself.
4. Trigger Siri and say "Go away".
5. Observe that the call is now broken, and the page still says it's capturing.
All WebRTC services not implementing some kind of hacky workaround. This should just work.
Possibly have a dedicated "play" button that literally no other WebRTC supporting device or video call service has ever needed, which will confuse users and provide bad UX for something that should just work.
Come on Apple, it's been four years now and four major releases, and we still don't have basic media reliability on iOS...
Seems this is reproducible on an iPhone XR with a previous iOS 15.1 beta as well.
MRY42QN/A using 19B5060d
Argh, wrong bug... Too many bugs open.
I'm able to reproduce on iOS 15.1. Any updates on the fix?