Steps to reproduce:
1) Go to https://tomayac.github.io/pwa-feature-detector/
2) Add the app to the home screen
3) Experience the following issues:
- The app icon is not respected (120x120px).
- The app icon should be respected (120x120px should be OK).
- The icon (no matter if auto-generated or set in the manifest) should always be shown.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Initially reported in https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=182261#add_comment.
The latest Web App Manifest spec now supports icon masks: https://w3c.github.io/manifest/#icon-masks. (This via https://twitter.com/kennethrohde).
Please prioritize this issue. Getting PWA consistently across all devices is very important to us as web developers. Thank you
Agree with the above.
Standardising PWAs will align the web and mobile technologies.
+1 Would be great to have this
+1 It will be fantastic to have this.
+1 Would be great!
FWIW this is an issue for us on v8.dev, to the point where we're considering resorting to userland workarounds (https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/pwacompat) for this iOS Safari issue.