Created attachment 332574 [details]
White icon, no spaces in name.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Go to https://tomayac.github.io/pwa-feature-detector/
2) Add the app to the home screen
3) Experience the following issues:
- The app short name taken from the Web App Manifest’s "short_name" (https://github.com/tomayac/pwa-feature-detector/blob/master/src/manifest.webmanifest) is lacking all spaces.
- The app icon is not respected (120x120px).
- The auto-generated icon occasionally goes all white.
- The "short_name" should contain spaces.
- The app icon should be respected (120x120px should be OK).
- The icon (no matter if auto-generated or set in the manifest) should always be shown.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Created attachment 336127 [details]
Airhorner icon broken
I just encountered another issue where the icon was broken. See the screenshot attached.
For short name, we believe this behaves correctly. It's not eating spaces, rather, it compresses letter spacing for long names, consistent with native apps.
The other two issues are separate bugs. It would probably be best to make separate bugzilla bugs for them and close this one.
Auto-Generated icon sometimes goes white: <rdar://problem/37585987>
Icon from Web App Manifest not supported: <rdar://problem/37585902>
Filed separate bugs:
- White icon: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=183936
- Icon not respected: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=183937
Closing this bug.