Tracking bug for all improvements to inspector debuggability.
Over vacation I've been tackling some of these productivity-sapping bugs. With the most egregious ones out of the way, I'm looking at specialized tools for engineering builds only:
* ability to persistently enable a setting to capture protocol messages
* ability to save and export protocol traffic within Web Inspector
* new tab and content views to visualize or otherwise understand protocol messages
- wall-clock linear view
- two-column view, with requests on the left and responses on the right (with arrows to connote message sends).
- hyperlinks / secondary selections for related messages (i.e., request and response)
- sort by initiator, RTT duration, dispatch duration, etc.
* ability to send captured protocol traffic from inspector^1 to inspector^2. This enables awesome stuff:
- linkifying log spam and making it easier to read
- integrate protocol message data into a custom Instruments timeline