1. Set window size to 947x878
2. Load http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15172758/?GT1=8618
---> Notice Inappropriate horizontal scrollbar
3. Scroll down
---> Notice that scrollbar moves with the page
Happens on Tiger & TOT.
Created attachment 10990 [details]
Bug 8909 is the "vertical scrollbar" version of this bug.
*** Bug 11563 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 12893 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 13023 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 13949 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 13816 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Strangely, I can reproduce this with r24868 nightly, but not with shipping 10.4.10 Safari/WebKit. Same results on <http://www.w3.org/International/tests/>.
(In reply to comment #8)
> Strangely, I can reproduce this with r24868 nightly, but not with shipping
> 10.4.10 Safari/WebKit. Same results on
I noted the same thing in 13949, thinking it was a regression. Several of the other duplicates also marked it that way.
I think "Happens on Tiger & TOT" means the OS and the browser, rather than Tiger's version of Webkit.
We are able to reproduce this problem in both Chrome 12 and Safari 5.1, on our listing pages. We are *not* able to repro using Safari 5.0.5 on OS X 10.6, which is surprising given the age of this particular bug.
1. Run Chrome 12 or Safari 5.1.
2. Load http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/2667-15th-Ave-94127/home/982757 (OR, any other listing page on our site).
3. Wait for the page to finish rendering.
4. Resize the window to exactly fit the content width. (There should be no
5. Reload the page. A horizontal scrollbar will appear as it is rendering, due
to the Facebook iframe hanging off outside of our content.
6. As the page is reloading, click and grab the vertical scrollbar and slowly
Actual: When the page finishes rendering, a stale horizontal scrollbar will be
left behind. It may be partly painted over by other content. If you move it off
the page, it will be gone when you scroll the page back.
Expected: The horizontal scrollbar vanishes when the page finishes rendering.
Created attachment 101915 [details]
Screenshot of the stale scrollbar on Redfin.
This bug seems completely unreproducible now. I'm going to close it as there's nothing to work with here or in any of its duplicates.