Bug 89343 - fast/files/xhr-response-blob.html differs on all platform
Summary: fast/files/xhr-response-blob.html differs on all platform
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 89338
Alias: None
Product: WebKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Tools / Tests (show other bugs)
Version: 528+ (Nightly build)
Hardware: Unspecified Unspecified
: P2 Normal
Assignee: Nobody
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: 88859
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-06-18 03:56 PDT by Csaba Osztrogonác
Modified: 2012-06-18 04:16 PDT (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Csaba Osztrogonác 2012-06-18 03:56:28 PDT
After http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/120574 XHR_RESPONSE_BLOB is enabled 
everywhere, but unfortunately the result of this test is different everywhere.

I updated the Qt results and the platform independent: http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/120584
I think this one is the best one - http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt?rev=120584
(But unfortunately it passes only on Mac Lion and Chromium Mac platform - so 
./platform/chromium-mac/fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt can be removed.)

Here is the platform diffs (compared to the new fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt)

Group I. (Qt == Chromium == Chromium Mac SnowLeopard)
------------------------------------------------------

--- ./fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
+++ ./platform/qt/fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
-PASS xhr.response.type is "text/javascript"
+FAIL xhr.response.type should be text/javascript. Was application/x-javascript.

--- ./fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
+++ ./platform/chromium/fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
-PASS xhr.response.type is "text/javascript"
+FAIL xhr.response.type should be text/javascript. Was application/x-javascript.

--- ./fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
+++ ./platform/chromium-mac-snowleopard/fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
-PASS xhr.response.type is "text/javascript"
+FAIL xhr.response.type should be text/javascript. Was application/x-javascript.

Group II. (EFL == Chromium Linux == GTK)
-----------------------------------------

--- ./fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
+++ ./platform/efl/fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
-PASS xhr.response.type is "text/javascript"
+FAIL xhr.response.type should be text/javascript. Was application/javascript.

--- ./fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
+++ ./platform/chromium-linux/fast/files/xhr-response-blob-expected.txt
-PASS xhr.response.type is "text/javascript"
+FAIL xhr.response.type should be text/javascript. Was application/javascript.

GTK has same result as Group II, but they don't have checked in expected file.



Have you got any idea why this test has 3 different results 
on different platforms, and how can we fix it?
Comment 1 Kinuko Yasuda 2012-06-18 04:14:32 PDT
Thanks for rebaselining, I've just changed the test not to test javascript type as MIME types for javascript seem to have (historically) some disagreements on platforms.
Will keep an eye if the new test doesn't fail on those platforms.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 89338 ***
Comment 2 Kinuko Yasuda 2012-06-18 04:16:10 PDT
(In reply to comment #1)
> Thanks for rebaselining, I've just changed the test not to test javascript type as MIME types for javascript seem to have (historically) some disagreements on platforms.
> Will keep an eye if the new test doesn't fail on those platforms.
> 
> *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 89338 ***

And the mime type issue seems to be filed as: bug 58636