Created attachment 136233 [details]
Steps to reproduce:
1. Load the attached, purposefully bogus test case
2. View the accessible hierarchy in Accerciser
For the list, I see:
-> list item (this is for item 1)
-> list item (this is for item 2)
-> panel (this is bogus)
-> list item (this is for item 3)
-> link (not sure what this corresponds to)
-> link (this is for the image link, but name is embedded obj char)
The miracle that produced this result seems to be the inclusion of an 'alt' property for the image without it containing anything.
1. No I do not know why anyone would do such a thing.
2. Yes, this dangling alt was seen in the wild.
3. Yes, really. :-/
4. If it would be easy and not too hacky to include some sanity checks for nonsense like this, it would be awesome.