Bug 7907 - Replace more uses of DeprecatedString with String
Summary: Replace more uses of DeprecatedString with String
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: WebKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: WebKit Misc. (show other bugs)
Version: 420+
Hardware: Macintosh OS X 10.4
: P4 Normal
Assignee: Eric Seidel (no email)
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2006-03-22 01:45 PST by Eric Seidel (no email)
Modified: 2006-03-22 14:24 PST (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
Replace more uses of DeprecatedString with String (60.60 KB, patch)
2006-03-22 01:46 PST, Eric Seidel (no email)
no flags Details | Formatted Diff | Diff
Remove a few more DeprecatedString uses while I'm at it... (81.14 KB, patch)
2006-03-22 02:26 PST, Eric Seidel (no email)
darin: review+
Details | Formatted Diff | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Eric Seidel (no email) 2006-03-22 01:45:38 PST
Replace more uses of DeprecatedString with String

This all started when I went to fix bug 7884 (before feeling sick and then sleeping for 16 hours straight).
Comment 1 Eric Seidel (no email) 2006-03-22 01:46:18 PST
Created attachment 7227 [details]
Replace more uses of DeprecatedString with String
Comment 2 Eric Seidel (no email) 2006-03-22 02:26:35 PST
Created attachment 7228 [details]
Remove a few more DeprecatedString uses while I'm at it...
Comment 3 Darin Adler 2006-03-22 08:24:37 PST
Comment on attachment 7228 [details]
Remove a few more DeprecatedString uses while I'm at it...

+    if (s.isEmpty())
+        return String(cs);

You don't need all these isEmpty checks. The String + operator already handles them; an additional check doesn't add value.

The AccessibilityObjectCache changes are going to collide with my near-complete rewrite of that file due to fixing it for Garbage Collection (and yes, I had removed use of DeprecatedString).

I'm not sure about the "get values directly from settings" change. It's a nice simplification. But it means that some settings that used to stay the same until location change will now be "live". That means you could start loading a page with JavaScript disabled and then later have it enabled or vice versa. I believe that can lead to problems, although I'm not certain. Since you're changing the semantics you will need to test.

r=me, assuming you test the settings change in Frame
Comment 4 Eric Seidel (no email) 2006-03-22 14:24:57 PST
I made darin's suggested modifications and landed.