The goal is to remove hard-coding in HasCustomToV8Implementation() in CodeGeneratorV8.pm, in the following steps:
(1) Add [V8CustomToWrappedObject] to interfaces which have custom toV8() but do not have custom toJS().
(2) Replace [JSCustomToJS] with [CustomToWrappedObject] for interfaces which have custom toV8() and toJS().
(3) Replace [JSCustomToJS] with [JSCustomToWrappedObject] for interfaces which have custom toJS() but do not have custom toV8().
(4) Remove HasCustomToV8Implementation() from CodeGeneratorV8.pm.
In this bug we fixes (1).
Note: The name of [*CustomToWrappedObject] is consistent with [*CustomToNativeObject].
Maybe we should just call it V8CustomToJS ? It's not 100% accurate, but the shorter name seems better and avoids having to renaming the JSC version.
Maybe CustomToVM ?
My rating is as follows:-)
- [V8CustomToJSObject] : 1.0 (Naming consistency with [CustomToNativeObject])
- [V8CustomToJS] : 0.8 (It might be confusing in V8, since it actually means [CustomToV8])
- [V8CustomToWrappedObject] : 0.6 ([*WrappedObject] would be unclearer than [*JSObject])
- [CustomToVM] : 0.4 (Not so descriptive)
V8CustomToJSObject sounds fine.
Created attachment 126706 [details]
Comment on attachment 126706 [details]
Clearing flags on attachment: 126706
Committed r107530: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/107530>
All reviewed patches have been landed. Closing bug.