Created attachment 118756 [details]
Screenshot of google results in docked window.
web inspector would open content in the docked window, which should open in a new tab.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any Web page.
2. Bring up Web Inspector in either docked or separate window mode.
3. Select any text in JS console (type it if necessary).
4. Perform Search with Google using context menu.
Results: Web Inspector is replaced with a Google page.
Expected results: Not sure. Maybe it should open a new tab/window, or maybe the menu item should not be available.
Note: I didn't check whether system-wide Search with Google service has the same issue (it's disabled by default).
It's unclear to me if this is a WebKit or a Safari issue.
This does not happen in Chromium.
(In reply to comment #2)
Just to add, in Chrome:
- "Search in Google" in web inspector opens a new tab.
- Has the context menu item in js console and computed styles and is not available in source pane.
I'll take this.