Reshuffle some code in WebKitDriver._read_block in preparation for reading stderr/stdout separately
Created attachment 106205 [details]
Committed r94453: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/94453>
This patch appears to have broken various bots
I have confirmed that this patch is causing the failures. Since these failures are preventing the rest of tests to run, I'm going to rollout the patch for now unless either one of you can fix it in the next 10 minutes or so.
Rolled the patch out in http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/94481.
Comment on attachment 106205 [details]
Rejecting attachment 106205 [details] from commit-queue.
Failed to run "['/mnt/git/webkit-commit-queue/Tools/Scripts/webkit-patch', '--status-host=queues.webkit.org', '-..." exit_code: 2
Last 500 characters of output:
Scripts/svn-apply', u'--reviewer', u'Adam Barth', u'--force']" exit_code: 1
Parsed 2 diffs from patch file(s).
patching file Tools/ChangeLog
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1 with fuzz 3.
patching file Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/layout_tests/port/webkit.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 509.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/layout_tests/port/webkit.py.rej
Failed to run "[u'/mnt/git/webkit-commit-queue/Tools/Scripts/svn-apply', u'--reviewer', u'Adam Barth', u'--force']" exit_code: 1
Full output: http://queues.webkit.org/results/9587229
Also rolled out the unreviewed followup in http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/94483.
I guess I'll try this again. :)
I found the bug in the original patch, fixed.
I also realize now that this is subtly changing behavior. Before we were not correctly respecting the deadline. This should make our timeouts much more accurate, as we're re-computing when the timeout is every time we read a line, instead of computing up front that we should wait 30 seconds, and then making every read wait 30 seconds. The old code would wait forever for a test which slowly produced output.
Committed r94973: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/94973>