Bug 55671 - REGRESSION (r79987-r80210): Crash in JSWeakObjectMapClear
Summary: REGRESSION (r79987-r80210): Crash in JSWeakObjectMapClear
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: WebKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: JavaScriptCore (show other bugs)
Version: 528+ (Nightly build)
Hardware: Macintosh PowerPC OS X 10.5
: P1 Critical
Assignee: Nobody
URL: http://www.avsforum.com/
Keywords: InRadar, Regression
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2011-03-03 07:12 PST by Kevin M. Dean
Modified: 2011-03-24 14:46 PDT (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:


Attachments
Patch (1.54 KB, patch)
2011-03-24 12:33 PDT, Oliver Hunt
ggaren: review+
Details | Formatted Diff | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-03 07:12:28 PST
While browsing around the AVS forums with r80210, I'm getting random crashes, possibly due to an ad using javascript.

Seems to crash a little different each time:

Process:         Safari [4711]
Path:            /Applications/WebKit.app/Contents/MacOS/WebKit
Identifier:      org.webkit.nightly.WebKit
Version:         r80210 (80210)
Code Type:       PPC (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [136]

Date/Time:       2011-03-03 09:57:14.810 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  F41C1802-6457-4B49-A738-107FEBA3B7F7

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000064
Crashed Thread:  0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x008469a0 JSWeakObjectMapClear + 240
1   com.apple.Safari              	0x001b28b4 0x1000 + 1775796
2   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x007e2558 JSC::JSCallbackObject<JSC::JSObjectWithGlobalObject>::~JSCallbackObject() + 88
3   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x00851f20 JSC::MarkedSpace::allocateFromSizeClass(JSC::MarkedSpace::SizeClass&) + 384
4   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x007f9c7c JSC::JSGlobalObject::reset(JSC::JSValue) + 16540
5   com.apple.WebCore             	0x01c6e1cc WebCore::JSDOMGlobalObject::JSDOMGlobalObject(WTF::NonNullPassRefPtr<JSC::Structure>, WebCore::JSDOMGlobalObject::JSDOMGlobalObjectData*, JSC::JSObject*) + 172
6   com.apple.WebCore             	0x01ccf6e4 WebCore::JSDOMWindowBase::JSDOMWindowBase(WTF::NonNullPassRefPtr<JSC::Structure>, WTF::PassRefPtr<WebCore::DOMWindow>, WebCore::JSDOMWindowShell*) + 100
7   com.apple.WebCore             	0x01ca0bc4 WebCore::JSDOMWindow::JSDOMWindow(WTF::NonNullPassRefPtr<JSC::Structure>, WTF::PassRefPtr<WebCore::DOMWindow>, WebCore::JSDOMWindowShell*) + 68
8   com.apple.WebCore             	0x01cd8e28 WebCore::JSDOMWindowShell::setWindow(WTF::PassRefPtr<WebCore::DOMWindow>) + 584
9   com.apple.WebCore             	0x022ccadc WebCore::ScriptController::clearWindowShell(bool) + 220
10  com.apple.WebCore             	0x019b98fc WebCore::Frame::~Frame() + 156
11  com.apple.WebCore             	0x019ba250 WebCore::Frame::lifeSupportTimerFired(WebCore::Timer<WebCore::Frame>*) + 64
12  com.apple.WebCore             	0x0244e080 WebCore::ThreadTimers::sharedTimerFiredInternal() + 128
13  com.apple.WebCore             	0x02319c08 __ZN7WebCoreL10timerFiredEP16__CFRunLoopTimerPv + 72
14  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x97108818 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 2968
15  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5b14 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 264
16  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5938 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 412
17  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5778 BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 84
18  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925c0244 _DPSNextEvent + 596
19  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925bfbfc -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 112
20  com.apple.Safari              	0x00018d74 0x1000 + 97652
21  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925b989c -[NSApplication run] + 744
22  com.apple.AppKit              	0x9258a298 NSApplicationMain + 440
23  com.apple.Safari              	0x0000b378 0x1000 + 41848







Process:         Safari [4891]
Path:            /Applications/WebKit.app/Contents/MacOS/WebKit
Identifier:      org.webkit.nightly.WebKit
Version:         r80210 (80210)
Code Type:       PPC (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [136]

Date/Time:       2011-03-03 10:01:15.649 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  F41C1802-6457-4B49-A738-107FEBA3B7F7

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000060
Crashed Thread:  0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x008469a0 JSWeakObjectMapClear + 240
1   com.apple.Safari              	0x001b28b4 0x1000 + 1775796
2   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x007e2558 JSC::JSCallbackObject<JSC::JSObjectWithGlobalObject>::~JSCallbackObject() + 88
3   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x00851f20 JSC::MarkedSpace::allocateFromSizeClass(JSC::MarkedSpace::SizeClass&) + 384
4   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x007bb760 JSC::Interpreter::privateExecute(JSC::Interpreter::ExecutionFlag, JSC::RegisterFile*, JSC::ExecState*) + 1072
5   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x007d0094 JSC::Interpreter::execute(JSC::ProgramExecutable*, JSC::ExecState*, JSC::ScopeChainNode*, JSC::JSObject*) + 756
6   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x0077a1c0 JSC::evaluate(JSC::ExecState*, JSC::ScopeChainNode*, JSC::SourceCode const&, JSC::JSValue) + 352
7   com.apple.WebCore             	0x022cd634 WebCore::ScriptController::evaluateInWorld(WebCore::ScriptSourceCode const&, WebCore::DOMWrapperWorld*) + 660
8   com.apple.WebCore             	0x019b9128 WebCore::Frame::injectUserScriptsForWorld(WebCore::DOMWrapperWorld*, WTF::Vector<WTF::OwnPtr<WebCore::UserScript>, 0ul> const&, WebCore::UserScriptInjectionTime) + 856
9   com.apple.WebCore             	0x019b934c WebCore::Frame::injectUserScripts(WebCore::UserScriptInjectionTime) + 188
10  com.apple.WebCore             	0x019c3d64 WebCore::FrameLoader::finishedParsing() + 52
11  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01878978 WebCore::Document::finishedParsing() + 456
12  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01a34830 WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::prepareToStopParsing() + 112
13  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01a32aec WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::finish() + 668
14  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01892564 WebCore::DocumentWriter::endIfNotLoadingMainResource() + 100
15  com.apple.WebCore             	0x019c3308 WebCore::FrameLoader::finishedLoading() + 104
16  com.apple.WebCore             	0x020beb7c WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didFinishLoading(double) + 188
17  com.apple.Foundation          	0x94467814 _NSURLConnectionDidFinishLoading + 120
18  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94b29d8c URLConnectionClient::_clientDidFinishLoading(URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue*) + 236
19  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94b2aa08 URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload(XConnectionEventInfo<XClientEvent, XClientEventParams>*, long) + 172
20  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94b2acd8 URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload(XConnectionEventInfo<XClientEvent, XClientEventParams>*, long) + 892
21  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94b29500 URLConnectionClient::processEvents() + 132
22  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94ad3000 MultiplexerSource::perform() + 168
23  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x971080d0 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 1104
24  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5b14 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 264
25  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5938 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 412
26  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5778 BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 84
27  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925c0244 _DPSNextEvent + 596
28  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925bfbfc -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 112
29  com.apple.Safari              	0x00018d74 0x1000 + 97652
30  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925b989c -[NSApplication run] + 744
31  com.apple.AppKit              	0x9258a298 NSApplicationMain + 440
32  com.apple.Safari              	0x0000b378 0x1000 + 41848







Process:         Safari [4918]
Path:            /Applications/WebKit.app/Contents/MacOS/WebKit
Identifier:      org.webkit.nightly.WebKit
Version:         r80210 (80210)
Code Type:       PPC (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [136]

Date/Time:       2011-03-03 10:03:56.229 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  F41C1802-6457-4B49-A738-107FEBA3B7F7

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000000000006a
Crashed Thread:  0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x008469a0 JSWeakObjectMapClear + 240
1   com.apple.Safari              	0x001b28b4 0x1000 + 1775796
2   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x007e2558 JSC::JSCallbackObject<JSC::JSObjectWithGlobalObject>::~JSCallbackObject() + 88
3   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x00851f20 JSC::MarkedSpace::allocateFromSizeClass(JSC::MarkedSpace::SizeClass&) + 384
4   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x0077d28c JSC::DateConstructor::DateConstructor(JSC::ExecState*, JSC::JSGlobalObject*, WTF::NonNullPassRefPtr<JSC::Structure>, JSC::Structure*, JSC::DatePrototype*) + 844
5   com.apple.JavaScriptCore      	0x007f7404 JSC::JSGlobalObject::reset(JSC::JSValue) + 6180
6   com.apple.WebCore             	0x01c6e1cc WebCore::JSDOMGlobalObject::JSDOMGlobalObject(WTF::NonNullPassRefPtr<JSC::Structure>, WebCore::JSDOMGlobalObject::JSDOMGlobalObjectData*, JSC::JSObject*) + 172
7   com.apple.WebCore             	0x01ccf6e4 WebCore::JSDOMWindowBase::JSDOMWindowBase(WTF::NonNullPassRefPtr<JSC::Structure>, WTF::PassRefPtr<WebCore::DOMWindow>, WebCore::JSDOMWindowShell*) + 100
8   com.apple.WebCore             	0x01ca0bc4 WebCore::JSDOMWindow::JSDOMWindow(WTF::NonNullPassRefPtr<JSC::Structure>, WTF::PassRefPtr<WebCore::DOMWindow>, WebCore::JSDOMWindowShell*) + 68
9   com.apple.WebCore             	0x01cd8e28 WebCore::JSDOMWindowShell::setWindow(WTF::PassRefPtr<WebCore::DOMWindow>) + 584
10  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01cd90d0 WebCore::JSDOMWindowShell::JSDOMWindowShell(WTF::PassRefPtr<WebCore::DOMWindow>, WebCore::DOMWrapperWorld*) + 208
11  com.apple.WebCore             	0x022ccdc4 WebCore::ScriptController::createWindowShell(WebCore::DOMWrapperWorld*) + 84
12  com.apple.WebCore             	0x022cd1c8 WebCore::ScriptController::initScript(WebCore::DOMWrapperWorld*) + 24
13  com.apple.WebCore             	0x022cd468 WebCore::ScriptController::evaluateInWorld(WebCore::ScriptSourceCode const&, WebCore::DOMWrapperWorld*) + 200
14  com.apple.WebCore             	0x019b9128 WebCore::Frame::injectUserScriptsForWorld(WebCore::DOMWrapperWorld*, WTF::Vector<WTF::OwnPtr<WebCore::UserScript>, 0ul> const&, WebCore::UserScriptInjectionTime) + 856
15  com.apple.WebCore             	0x019b934c WebCore::Frame::injectUserScripts(WebCore::UserScriptInjectionTime) + 188
16  com.apple.WebCore             	0x019bcf8c WebCore::FrameLoader::dispatchDocumentElementAvailable() + 28
17  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01a2bf0c WebCore::HTMLConstructionSite::insertHTMLHtmlStartTagBeforeHTML(WebCore::AtomicHTMLToken&) + 348
18  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01ab20dc WebCore::HTMLTreeBuilder::processStartTag(WebCore::AtomicHTMLToken&) + 204
19  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01ab7ddc WebCore::HTMLTreeBuilder::constructTreeFromAtomicToken(WebCore::AtomicHTMLToken&) + 28
20  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01ab7e88 WebCore::HTMLTreeBuilder::constructTreeFromToken(WebCore::HTMLToken&) + 40
21  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01a33a18 WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::pumpTokenizer(WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::SynchronousMode) + 360
22  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01a344f0 WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::append(WebCore::SegmentedString const&) + 96
23  com.apple.WebCore             	0x018506e8 WebCore::DecodedDataDocumentParser::appendBytes(WebCore::DocumentWriter*, char const*, int, bool) + 344
24  com.apple.WebCore             	0x01892558 WebCore::DocumentWriter::endIfNotLoadingMainResource() + 88
25  com.apple.WebCore             	0x019c3308 WebCore::FrameLoader::finishedLoading() + 104
26  com.apple.WebCore             	0x020beb7c WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didFinishLoading(double) + 188
27  com.apple.Foundation          	0x94467814 _NSURLConnectionDidFinishLoading + 120
28  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94b29d8c URLConnectionClient::_clientDidFinishLoading(URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue*) + 236
29  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94b2aa08 URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload(XConnectionEventInfo<XClientEvent, XClientEventParams>*, long) + 172
30  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94b2acd8 URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload(XConnectionEventInfo<XClientEvent, XClientEventParams>*, long) + 892
31  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94b29500 URLConnectionClient::processEvents() + 132
32  com.apple.CFNetwork           	0x94ad3000 MultiplexerSource::perform() + 168
33  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x971080d0 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 1104
34  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5b14 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 264
35  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5938 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 412
36  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x904d5778 BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 84
37  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925c0244 _DPSNextEvent + 596
38  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925bfbfc -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 112
39  com.apple.Safari              	0x00018d74 0x1000 + 97652
40  com.apple.AppKit              	0x925b989c -[NSApplication run] + 744
41  com.apple.AppKit              	0x9258a298 NSApplicationMain + 440
42  com.apple.Safari              	0x0000b378 0x1000 + 41848
Comment 1 Alexey Proskuryakov 2011-03-03 11:59:04 PST
<rdar://problem/9082329>
Comment 2 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-06 07:27:33 PST
Just a note that I've had this crash on some other sites as well:

myspace.com
amazon.com or camelcamelcamel.com (not sure which crashed me since I was switching between the two).
Comment 3 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-09 17:09:18 PST
Do you have any extensions installed?
Comment 4 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-09 19:35:52 PST
(In reply to comment #3)
> Do you have any extensions installed?

Yes, but it doesn't seem specific to any one extension.

If I have just one of the following and no others enabled, I can still get the crash. Other extensions seem fine alone, but sometimes crash when other extenstion are enables. Seems that there's something broken with a variety of extension's ability to inject content onto the page. All of these extensions work fine in the previous nightly.

Franker 1.0.2
http://code.google.com/p/franker/

NinjaKit 0.8
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fd.hatena.ne.jp%2Fos0x%2F20100612%2F1276330696&sl=auto&tl=en

Builtwith 1.0
http://builtwith.com/

InvisibleHand 2.5
http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

Copy All Links
http://blog.firdau.si/?s=copy+all+links

BetterSource 1.0
http://www.awarepixel.com/safari/bettersource/

QuickNuke 1.0
http://canisbos.com/
Comment 5 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-10 11:23:52 PST
Can you attach a complete crash report?  you should be able to get to the log file through console.app
Comment 6 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-10 12:13:21 PST
(In reply to comment #5)
> Can you attach a complete crash report?  you should be able to get to the log file through console.app

Since the crash report sometimes varies between crashes, I've uploaded all 20 of them from when I was doing by extensions tests in a zip file.

http://development.rhubarbproductions.com/webkit/safari-crashes.zip
Comment 7 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-10 21:29:45 PST
Since it's been a while between nightlies, I'm just confirming that it still crashes with r80761.
Comment 8 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-10 23:57:24 PST
(In reply to comment #7)
> Since it's been a while between nightlies, I'm just confirming that it still crashes with r80761.

Are you able to do some debugging for us?  It will need you to checkout and build all of webkit (which will unfortunately take a looong time), but with any luck will tell us exactly where everything is going horribly wrong.

Basically i'm after a stack trace of the crash from a debug build of webkit as that will give me slightly more insight into what's happening.
Comment 9 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 00:38:31 PST
(In reply to comment #8)
> (In reply to comment #7)
> > Since it's been a while between nightlies, I'm just confirming that it still crashes with r80761.
> 
> Are you able to do some debugging for us?  It will need you to checkout and build all of webkit (which will unfortunately take a looong time), but with any luck will tell us exactly where everything is going horribly wrong.
> 
> Basically i'm after a stack trace of the crash from a debug build of webkit as that will give me slightly more insight into what's happening.

I don't know how to do that or if I have the tools to do that. Don't have any developer tools installed here. If I don't need anything special then I can try or I'll need someone to make a debug build that runs on 10.5.8/PPC.
Comment 10 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 00:48:57 PST
Downloading Xcode 3.1.4 and Java Developer 10.5....
Comment 11 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 07:55:47 PST
Building a debug build now.... wow, talk about a processor killer.
Comment 12 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 10:14:25 PST
OK, new problem.

I can run a debug build, but when I trigger the crash it just hangs now. The ReportCrash process launches and eats some CPU along with Safari, but a Crash Report window never appears and eventually I have to force quit the ReportCrash process. I shouldn't have to wait 5-10 minutes or more for it to fully Crash, right?

I believe I'm running r80853. Is there anyway to get the r version when running the build or from the files?

What should I do now?
Comment 13 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 10:22:40 PST
Maybe r80853 has other issues becuase it's crashing on other pages that don't usually crash for me. The terminal shows the following after one of the newer hangs on a new page:


Multiverse:~ kdean$ run-safari --debug
Starting Safari with DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH set to point to built WebKit in /Users/kdean/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug.
ASSERTION FAILED: scriptExecutionContext
/Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/JSDOMBinding.cpp(513) : void WebCore::reportException(JSC::ExecState*, JSC::JSValue)
1   WebCore::reportException(JSC::ExecState*, JSC::JSValue)
2   WebLocalizedString
3   _mh_execute_header
4   _mh_execute_header
5   _mh_execute_header
6   _mh_execute_header
7   _mh_execute_header
8   WTF::callOnMainThread(void (*)(void*), void*)
9   WTF::isMainThread()
10  CFRunLoopRunSpecific
11  BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode
12  BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode
13  BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode
14  _DPSNextEvent
15  _NSUpdateMenuRefWithChangedMenuItem
16  _mh_execute_header
17  _NSSetViewMultiClipDrawingHelper
18  NSApplicationMain
19  _mh_execute_header
20  0xbffff8cc
Comment 14 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-11 10:25:40 PST
(In reply to comment #12)
> OK, new problem.
> 
> I can run a debug build, but when I trigger the crash it just hangs now. The ReportCrash process launches and eats some CPU along with Safari, but a Crash Report window never appears and eventually I have to force quit the ReportCrash process. I shouldn't have to wait 5-10 minutes or more for it to fully Crash, right?
> 
> I believe I'm running r80853. Is there anyway to get the r version when running the build or from the files?
> 
> What should I do now?

Actually it can take a huge amount of time in a debug build.  The easiest solution will be to run inside a debugger.  If you use the gdb-safari script that should launch gdb in a way that will be setup to run safari with your build of webkit.

once you're given a prompt just type run and hit enter.  Then trigger the crash.

At that point gdb should say where the code is.  then type bt and hit enter to get a full backtrace
Comment 15 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-11 10:27:11 PST
Replace
 ASSERT(scriptExecutionContext)

with

if (!scriptExecutionContext) return;

--Oliver

(In reply to comment #13)
> Maybe r80853 has other issues becuase it's crashing on other pages that don't usually crash for me. The terminal shows the following after one of the newer hangs on a new page:
> 
> 
> Multiverse:~ kdean$ run-safari --debug
> Starting Safari with DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH set to point to built WebKit in /Users/kdean/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug.
> ASSERTION FAILED: scriptExecutionContext
> /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/JSDOMBinding.cpp(513) : void WebCore::reportException(JSC::ExecState*, JSC::JSValue)
> 1   WebCore::reportException(JSC::ExecState*, JSC::JSValue)
> 2   WebLocalizedString
> 3   _mh_execute_header
> 4   _mh_execute_header
> 5   _mh_execute_header
> 6   _mh_execute_header
> 7   _mh_execute_header
> 8   WTF::callOnMainThread(void (*)(void*), void*)
> 9   WTF::isMainThread()
> 10  CFRunLoopRunSpecific
> 11  BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode
> 12  BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode
> 13  BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode
> 14  _DPSNextEvent
> 15  _NSUpdateMenuRefWithChangedMenuItem
> 16  _mh_execute_header
> 17  _NSSetViewMultiClipDrawingHelper
> 18  NSApplicationMain
> 19  _mh_execute_header
> 20  0xbffff8cc
Comment 16 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 10:29:25 PST
(In reply to comment #14)
>
> Actually it can take a huge amount of time in a debug build.  The easiest solution will be to run inside a debugger.  If you use the gdb-safari script that should launch gdb in a way that will be setup to run safari with your build of webkit.

running gdb-safari fails with:

Can't find built framework at "/Users/kdean/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Release/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore".
Comment 17 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 10:32:15 PST
(In reply to comment #15)
> Replace
>  ASSERT(scriptExecutionContext)
> 
> with
> 
> if (!scriptExecutionContext) return;

Ok, I replaced that. Will I need to rebuild? That's basically a 2 hour process with max-ed out cpu during that time for me, unless a subsequent build is quicker after an initial build.
Comment 18 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-11 10:34:15 PST
(In reply to comment #16)
> (In reply to comment #14)
> >
> > Actually it can take a huge amount of time in a debug build.  The easiest solution will be to run inside a debugger.  If you use the gdb-safari script that should launch gdb in a way that will be setup to run safari with your build of webkit.
> 
> running gdb-safari fails with:
> 
> Can't find built framework at "/Users/kdean/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Release/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore".

Do gdb-safari --debug and see if that works
Comment 19 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-11 10:36:39 PST
(In reply to comment #17)
> (In reply to comment #15)
> > Replace
> >  ASSERT(scriptExecutionContext)
> > 
> > with
> > 
> > if (!scriptExecutionContext) return;
> 
> Ok, I replaced that. Will I need to rebuild? That's basically a 2 hour process with max-ed out cpu during that time for me, unless a subsequent build is quicker after an initial build.

just build webcore (you don't need to rebuild anything else) and it should only recompile that one file, although linking will still probably take 10 minutes or so.

Do not do "clean" or anything like that though :)

Thanks for helping out with this.
Comment 20 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 10:41:22 PST
(In reply to comment #18)

> Do gdb-safari --debug and see if that works

That worked, here's the result:


Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000090
0x007dba9c in JSC::APIEntryShimWithoutLock::APIEntryShimWithoutLock (this=0xbfffb1d0, globalData=0x18, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:40
40	        , m_entryIdentifierTable(wtfThreadData().setCurrentIdentifierTable(globalData->identifierTable))
(gdb) bt
#0  0x007dba9c in JSC::APIEntryShimWithoutLock::APIEntryShimWithoutLock (this=0xbfffb1d0, globalData=0x18, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:40
#1  0x008210d0 in JSC::APIEntryShim::APIEntryShim (this=0xbfffb1d0, exec=0x1d929a0, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:67
#2  0x008a8928 in JSWeakObjectMapClear (ctx=0x1d929a0, map=0x244af1e0, key=0x1c4b6f90, object=0x1c3f7a00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/API/JSWeakObjectMapRefPrivate.cpp:74
#3  0x001b402c in ?? ()
#4  0x001b3778 in ?? ()
#5  0x008335d8 in JSC::JSCallbackObject<JSC::JSObjectWithGlobalObject>::~JSCallbackObject (this=Cannot access memory at address 0x79
) at JSCallbackObjectFunctions.h:100
#6  0x008bb1a8 in JSC::MarkedBlock::allocate (this=0x1c3f4000) at JSCell.h:404
#7  0x008ba0bc in JSC::MarkedSpace::allocateFromSizeClass (this=0x99006b4, sizeClass=@0x9900714) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/MarkedSpace.cpp:77
#8  0x04a946cc in JSC::MarkedSpace::allocate (this=0x99006b4, bytes=52) at JSCell.h:424
#9  0x04a95024 in JSC::Heap::allocate (this=0x99006b0, bytes=52) at JSCell.h:436
#10 0x04a950b4 in JSC::JSCell::operator new (size=52, exec=0x1a9d6078) at JSCell.h:451
#11 0x0538d92c in WebCore::createDOMNodeWrapper<WebCore::JSHTMLImageElement, WebCore::HTMLImageElement> (exec=0x1a9d6078, globalObject=0x2398da20, node=0x234dbe60) at JSDOMBinding.h:181
#12 0x05380044 in WebCore::createHTMLImageElementWrapper (exec=0x1a9d6078, globalObject=0x2398da20, element=@0xbfffb5dc) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug/DerivedSources/WebCore/JSHTMLElementWrapperFactory.cpp:389
#13 0x0537f2a0 in WebCore::createJSHTMLWrapper (exec=0x1a9d6078, globalObject=0x2398da20, element=@0xbfffc000) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug/DerivedSources/WebCore/JSHTMLElementWrapperFactory.cpp:694
#14 0x0543b06c in WebCore::createWrapperInline (exec=0x1a9d6078, globalObject=0x2398da20, node=0x234dbe60) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/JSNodeCustom.cpp:173
#15 0x0543b334 in WebCore::createWrapper (exec=0x1a9d6078, globalObject=0x2398da20, node=0x234dbe60) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/JSNodeCustom.cpp:223
#16 0x04db4980 in WebCore::toJS (exec=0x1a9d6078, globalObject=0x2398da20, node=0x234dbe60) at js/JSNodeCustom.h:57
#17 0x054423a0 in WebCore::JSNodeList::indexGetter (exec=0x1a9d6078, slotBase={u = {asEncodedJSValue = -16595110272, asDouble = -nan(0xffffc22dab680), asBits = {tag = -4, payload = 584758912}}}, index=106) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug/DerivedSources/WebCore/JSNodeList.cpp:257
#18 0x0073aa84 in JSC::PropertySlot::getValue (this=0xbfffc240, exec=0x1a9d6078, propertyName=106) at PropertySlot.h:83
#19 0x0080cd10 in JSC::JSValue::get (this=0xbfffd598, exec=0x1a9d6078, propertyName=106, slot=@0xbfffc240) at JSObject.h:781
#20 0x0080cdec in JSC::JSValue::get (this=0xbfffd598, exec=0x1a9d6078, propertyName=106) at JSObject.h:767
#21 0x007fb8dc in JSC::Interpreter::privateExecute (this=0x9871a00, flag=JSC::Interpreter::Normal, registerFile=0x9871a0c, callFrame=0x1a9d6078) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/Interpreter.cpp:3278
#22 0x00803da8 in JSC::Interpreter::execute (this=0x9871a00, program=0x22dab648, callFrame=0x2398daa0, scopeChain=0x22ec7660, thisObj=0x21d39578) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/Interpreter.cpp:776
#23 0x007a5a9c in JSC::evaluate (exec=0x2398daa0, scopeChain=0x22ec7660, source=@0xbfffdd04, thisValue={u = {asEncodedJSValue = -16612354696, asDouble = -nan(0xffffc21d39578), asBits = {tag = -4, payload = 567514488}}}) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/Completion.cpp:67
#24 0x059ddeec in WebCore::JSMainThreadExecState::evaluate (exec=0x2398daa0, chain=0x22ec7660, source=@0xbfffdd04, thisValue={u = {asEncodedJSValue = -16612354696, asDouble = -nan(0xffffc21d39578), asBits = {tag = -4, payload = 567514488}}}) at JSMainThreadExecState.h:54
#25 0x059d5fa4 in WebCore::ScriptController::evaluateInWorld (this=0x9a137e8, sourceCode=@0xbfffdd00, world=0x967dbb0) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/ScriptController.cpp:142
#26 0x059d6178 in WebCore::ScriptController::evaluate (this=0x9a137e8, sourceCode=@0xbfffdd00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/ScriptController.cpp:165
#27 0x059f1a04 in WebCore::ScriptElement::executeScript (this=0x22a74d58, sourceCode=@0xbfffdd00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/dom/ScriptElement.cpp:256
#28 0x059f228c in WebCore::ScriptElement::prepareScript (this=0x22a74d58, scriptStartPosition=@0xbfffdf30, supportLegacyTypes=WebCore::ScriptElement::DisallowLegacyTypeInTypeAttribute) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/dom/ScriptElement.cpp:213
#29 0x05084320 in WebCore::HTMLScriptRunner::runScript (this=0x2265e2f0, script=0x22a74d10, scriptStartPosition=@0xbfffdf30) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLScriptRunner.cpp:289
#30 0x05085240 in WebCore::HTMLScriptRunner::execute (this=0x2265e2f0, scriptElement=@0xbfffdf28, scriptStartPosition=@0xbfffdf30) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLScriptRunner.cpp:173
#31 0x050038e8 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::runScriptsForPausedTreeBuilder (this=0x209ce200) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:205
#32 0x05003998 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::canTakeNextToken (this=0x209ce200, mode=WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::AllowYield, session=@0xbfffe008) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:216
#33 0x050051ac in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::pumpTokenizer (this=0x209ce200, mode=WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::AllowYield) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:255
#34 0x05005494 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::resumeParsingAfterYield (this=0x209ce200) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:192
#35 0x0507d3e4 in WebCore::HTMLParserScheduler::continueNextChunkTimerFired (this=0x2265e1a0, timer=0x2265e1b0) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLParserScheduler.cpp:86
#36 0x0507d79c in WebCore::Timer<WebCore::HTMLParserScheduler>::fired (this=0x2265e1b0) at Timer.h:100
#37 0x05c0ee78 in WebCore::ThreadTimers::sharedTimerFiredInternal (this=0x93b5c40) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/platform/ThreadTimers.cpp:112
#38 0x05c0f1f0 in WebCore::ThreadTimers::sharedTimerFired () at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/platform/ThreadTimers.cpp:90
#39 0x05a597a0 in WebCore::timerFired () at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/platform/mac/SharedTimerMac.mm:166
#40 0x901cc81c in CFRunLoopRunSpecific ()
#41 0x91f71b18 in RunCurrentEventLoopInMode ()
#42 0x91f7193c in ReceiveNextEventCommon ()
#43 0x91f7177c in BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode ()
#44 0x90831248 in _DPSNextEvent ()
#45 0x90830c00 in -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] ()
#46 0x00019a14 in ?? ()
#47 0x9082a8a0 in -[NSApplication run] ()
#48 0x907fb29c in NSApplicationMain ()
#49 0x0000c05c in ?? ()
Current language:  auto; currently c++
Comment 21 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 10:44:21 PST
(In reply to comment #19)

> just build webcore (you don't need to rebuild anything else) and it should only recompile that one file, although linking will still probably take 10 minutes or so.
> 
> Do not do "clean" or anything like that though :)
> 
> Thanks for helping out with this.

Since I've only got so far by following instructions off webkit.org and your help, I'd need a more specific instruction on how to just build webcore. Basically I only know about the build-webkit script.
Comment 22 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-11 10:51:46 PST
(In reply to comment #21)
> (In reply to comment #19)
> 
> > just build webcore (you don't need to rebuild anything else) and it should only recompile that one file, although linking will still probably take 10 minutes or so.
> > 
> > Do not do "clean" or anything like that though :)
> > 
> > Thanks for helping out with this.
> 
> Since I've only got so far by following instructions off webkit.org and your help, I'd need a more specific instruction on how to just build webcore. Basically I only know about the build-webkit script.

build-webkit will do the right thing :)
Comment 23 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 11:23:26 PST
Did my previous backtrace give you what you need or do you need me to do it again after a rebuild?
Comment 24 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-11 11:27:34 PST
(In reply to comment #23)
> Did my previous backtrace give you what you need or do you need me to do it again after a rebuild?

I have an idea for how to deal with this, but i probably won't get to it for a couple of days.
Comment 25 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-11 11:34:58 PST
(In reply to comment #24)
> (In reply to comment #23)
> > Did my previous backtrace give you what you need or do you need me to do it again after a rebuild?
> 
> I have an idea for how to deal with this, but i probably won't get to it for a couple of days.

Great, here's another backtrace that's a little different that I ran after doing a update / rebuild.


Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x0000007e
0x007dba9c in JSC::APIEntryShimWithoutLock::APIEntryShimWithoutLock (this=0xbfffba30, globalData=0x6, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:40
40	        , m_entryIdentifierTable(wtfThreadData().setCurrentIdentifierTable(globalData->identifierTable))
(gdb) bt
#0  0x007dba9c in JSC::APIEntryShimWithoutLock::APIEntryShimWithoutLock (this=0xbfffba30, globalData=0x6, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:40
#1  0x008210d0 in JSC::APIEntryShim::APIEntryShim (this=0xbfffba30, exec=0x22409d20, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:67
#2  0x008a8928 in JSWeakObjectMapClear (ctx=0x22409d20, map=0x2045ede0, key=0x1c45a120, object=0x2248e8b8) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/API/JSWeakObjectMapRefPrivate.cpp:74
#3  0x001b402c in ?? ()
#4  0x001b3778 in ?? ()
#5  0x008335d8 in JSC::JSCallbackObject<JSC::JSObjectWithGlobalObject>::~JSCallbackObject (this=Cannot access memory at address 0x79
) at JSCallbackObjectFunctions.h:100
#6  0x008bb1a8 in JSC::MarkedBlock::allocate (this=0x2248c000) at JSCell.h:404
#7  0x008ba0bc in JSC::MarkedSpace::allocateFromSizeClass (this=0x98d7cb4, sizeClass=@0x98d7d14) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/MarkedSpace.cpp:77
#8  0x0073c988 in JSC::MarkedSpace::allocate (this=0x98d7cb4, bytes=56) at JSCell.h:424
#9  0x0073d2a4 in JSC::Heap::allocate (this=0x98d7cb0, bytes=56) at JSCell.h:436
#10 0x0073d334 in JSC::JSCell::operator new (size=56, exec=0x1a9d6038) at JSCell.h:451
#11 0x0081109c in JSC::FunctionExecutable::make (this=0x224f0510, exec=0x1a9d6038, scopeChain=0x2240f7e0) at Executable.h:312
#12 0x007fdc98 in JSC::Interpreter::privateExecute (this=0x98d0800, flag=JSC::Interpreter::Normal, registerFile=0x98d080c, callFrame=0x1a9d6038) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/Interpreter.cpp:3793
#13 0x00803da8 in JSC::Interpreter::execute (this=0x98d0800, program=0x2248e7a0, callFrame=0x22409aa0, scopeChain=0x2240f7e0, thisObj=0x2248da48) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/Interpreter.cpp:776
#14 0x007a5a9c in JSC::evaluate (exec=0x22409aa0, scopeChain=0x2240f7e0, source=@0xbfffd754, thisValue={u = {asEncodedJSValue = -16604669368, asDouble = -nan(0xffffc2248da48), asBits = {tag = -4, payload = 575199816}}}) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/Completion.cpp:67
#15 0x059ddeec in WebCore::JSMainThreadExecState::evaluate (exec=0x22409aa0, chain=0x2240f7e0, source=@0xbfffd754, thisValue={u = {asEncodedJSValue = -16604669368, asDouble = -nan(0xffffc2248da48), asBits = {tag = -4, payload = 575199816}}}) at JSMainThreadExecState.h:54
#16 0x059d5fa4 in WebCore::ScriptController::evaluateInWorld (this=0x20b21fe8, sourceCode=@0xbfffd750, world=0x1b01f420) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/ScriptController.cpp:142
#17 0x04f28d80 in WebCore::Frame::injectUserScriptsForWorld (this=0x20b21c00, world=0x1b01f420, userScripts=@0x1c44abb0, injectionTime=WebCore::InjectAtDocumentEnd) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/page/Frame.cpp:550
#18 0x04f28ec4 in WebCore::Frame::injectUserScripts (this=0x20b21c00, injectionTime=WebCore::InjectAtDocumentEnd) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/page/Frame.cpp:530
#19 0x04f43248 in WebCore::FrameLoader::finishedParsing (this=0x20b21c78) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/FrameLoader.cpp:764
#20 0x04d11210 in WebCore::Document::finishedParsing (this=0x24098200) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/dom/Document.cpp:4282
#21 0x050a7fec in WebCore::HTMLTreeBuilder::finished (this=0x230ea5e0) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLTreeBuilder.cpp:2807
#22 0x05003f5c in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::end (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:354
#23 0x050040d8 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::attemptToRunDeferredScriptsAndEnd (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:363
#24 0x05005f60 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::prepareToStopParsing (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:151
#25 0x05003df4 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::attemptToEnd (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:375
#26 0x05003e58 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::finish (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:403
#27 0x04cfa04c in WebCore::Document::finishParsing (this=0x24098200) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/dom/Document.cpp:2271
#28 0x04d6aec0 in WebCore::DocumentWriter::endIfNotLoadingMainResource (this=0x20c036ec) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/DocumentWriter.cpp:222
#29 0x04d6af1c in WebCore::DocumentWriter::end (this=0x20c036ec) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/DocumentWriter.cpp:207
#30 0x04d4bacc in WebCore::DocumentLoader::finishedLoading (this=0x20c03600) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/DocumentLoader.cpp:284
#31 0x04f42454 in WebCore::FrameLoader::finishedLoading (this=0x20b21c78) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/FrameLoader.cpp:2188
#32 0x0564a25c in WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didFinishLoading (this=0x20be0e00, finishTime=0) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/MainResourceLoader.cpp:467
#33 0x0599cc0c in WebCore::ResourceLoader::didFinishLoading (this=0x20be0e00, finishTime=0) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/ResourceLoader.cpp:436
#34 0x05997a58 in -[WebCoreResourceHandleAsDelegate connectionDidFinishLoading:] (self=0x230dfe60, _cmd=0x917a1300, connection=0x230dc930) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/platform/network/mac/ResourceHandleMac.mm:969
#35 0x937d8818 in _NSURLConnectionDidFinishLoading ()
#36 0x9636bd90 in URLConnectionClient::_clientDidFinishLoading ()
#37 0x9636ca0c in URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload ()
#38 0x9636ccdc in URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload ()
#39 0x9636b504 in URLConnectionClient::processEvents ()
#40 0x96315004 in MultiplexerSource::perform ()
#41 0x901cc1a0 in CFRunLoopRunSpecific ()
#42 0x91f71b18 in RunCurrentEventLoopInMode ()
#43 0x91f7193c in ReceiveNextEventCommon ()
#44 0x91f7177c in BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode ()
#45 0x90831248 in _DPSNextEvent ()
#46 0x90830c00 in -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] ()
#47 0x00019a14 in ?? ()
#48 0x9082a8a0 in -[NSApplication run] ()
#49 0x907fb29c in NSApplicationMain ()
#50 0x0000c05c in ?? ()
Current language:  auto; currently c++
Comment 26 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-11 11:45:01 PST
You're getting slightly different traces as the crash occurs during an object's finalization, which can happen anytime there's a gc sweep.  The top of the trace is always the same.

(In reply to comment #25)
> (In reply to comment #24)
> > (In reply to comment #23)
> > > Did my previous backtrace give you what you need or do you need me to do it again after a rebuild?
> > 
> > I have an idea for how to deal with this, but i probably won't get to it for a couple of days.
> 
> Great, here's another backtrace that's a little different that I ran after doing a update / rebuild.
> 
> 
> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
> Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x0000007e
> 0x007dba9c in JSC::APIEntryShimWithoutLock::APIEntryShimWithoutLock (this=0xbfffba30, globalData=0x6, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:40
> 40            , m_entryIdentifierTable(wtfThreadData().setCurrentIdentifierTable(globalData->identifierTable))
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x007dba9c in JSC::APIEntryShimWithoutLock::APIEntryShimWithoutLock (this=0xbfffba30, globalData=0x6, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:40
> #1  0x008210d0 in JSC::APIEntryShim::APIEntryShim (this=0xbfffba30, exec=0x22409d20, registerThread=true) at APIShims.h:67
> #2  0x008a8928 in JSWeakObjectMapClear (ctx=0x22409d20, map=0x2045ede0, key=0x1c45a120, object=0x2248e8b8) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/API/JSWeakObjectMapRefPrivate.cpp:74
> #3  0x001b402c in ?? ()
> #4  0x001b3778 in ?? ()
> #5  0x008335d8 in JSC::JSCallbackObject<JSC::JSObjectWithGlobalObject>::~JSCallbackObject (this=Cannot access memory at address 0x79
> ) at JSCallbackObjectFunctions.h:100
> #6  0x008bb1a8 in JSC::MarkedBlock::allocate (this=0x2248c000) at JSCell.h:404
> #7  0x008ba0bc in JSC::MarkedSpace::allocateFromSizeClass (this=0x98d7cb4, sizeClass=@0x98d7d14) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/MarkedSpace.cpp:77
> #8  0x0073c988 in JSC::MarkedSpace::allocate (this=0x98d7cb4, bytes=56) at JSCell.h:424
> #9  0x0073d2a4 in JSC::Heap::allocate (this=0x98d7cb0, bytes=56) at JSCell.h:436
> #10 0x0073d334 in JSC::JSCell::operator new (size=56, exec=0x1a9d6038) at JSCell.h:451
> #11 0x0081109c in JSC::FunctionExecutable::make (this=0x224f0510, exec=0x1a9d6038, scopeChain=0x2240f7e0) at Executable.h:312
> #12 0x007fdc98 in JSC::Interpreter::privateExecute (this=0x98d0800, flag=JSC::Interpreter::Normal, registerFile=0x98d080c, callFrame=0x1a9d6038) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/Interpreter.cpp:3793
> #13 0x00803da8 in JSC::Interpreter::execute (this=0x98d0800, program=0x2248e7a0, callFrame=0x22409aa0, scopeChain=0x2240f7e0, thisObj=0x2248da48) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/Interpreter.cpp:776
> #14 0x007a5a9c in JSC::evaluate (exec=0x22409aa0, scopeChain=0x2240f7e0, source=@0xbfffd754, thisValue={u = {asEncodedJSValue = -16604669368, asDouble = -nan(0xffffc2248da48), asBits = {tag = -4, payload = 575199816}}}) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/Completion.cpp:67
> #15 0x059ddeec in WebCore::JSMainThreadExecState::evaluate (exec=0x22409aa0, chain=0x2240f7e0, source=@0xbfffd754, thisValue={u = {asEncodedJSValue = -16604669368, asDouble = -nan(0xffffc2248da48), asBits = {tag = -4, payload = 575199816}}}) at JSMainThreadExecState.h:54
> #16 0x059d5fa4 in WebCore::ScriptController::evaluateInWorld (this=0x20b21fe8, sourceCode=@0xbfffd750, world=0x1b01f420) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/ScriptController.cpp:142
> #17 0x04f28d80 in WebCore::Frame::injectUserScriptsForWorld (this=0x20b21c00, world=0x1b01f420, userScripts=@0x1c44abb0, injectionTime=WebCore::InjectAtDocumentEnd) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/page/Frame.cpp:550
> #18 0x04f28ec4 in WebCore::Frame::injectUserScripts (this=0x20b21c00, injectionTime=WebCore::InjectAtDocumentEnd) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/page/Frame.cpp:530
> #19 0x04f43248 in WebCore::FrameLoader::finishedParsing (this=0x20b21c78) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/FrameLoader.cpp:764
> #20 0x04d11210 in WebCore::Document::finishedParsing (this=0x24098200) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/dom/Document.cpp:4282
> #21 0x050a7fec in WebCore::HTMLTreeBuilder::finished (this=0x230ea5e0) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLTreeBuilder.cpp:2807
> #22 0x05003f5c in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::end (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:354
> #23 0x050040d8 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::attemptToRunDeferredScriptsAndEnd (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:363
> #24 0x05005f60 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::prepareToStopParsing (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:151
> #25 0x05003df4 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::attemptToEnd (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:375
> #26 0x05003e58 in WebCore::HTMLDocumentParser::finish (this=0x20ba3e00) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLDocumentParser.cpp:403
> #27 0x04cfa04c in WebCore::Document::finishParsing (this=0x24098200) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/dom/Document.cpp:2271
> #28 0x04d6aec0 in WebCore::DocumentWriter::endIfNotLoadingMainResource (this=0x20c036ec) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/DocumentWriter.cpp:222
> #29 0x04d6af1c in WebCore::DocumentWriter::end (this=0x20c036ec) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/DocumentWriter.cpp:207
> #30 0x04d4bacc in WebCore::DocumentLoader::finishedLoading (this=0x20c03600) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/DocumentLoader.cpp:284
> #31 0x04f42454 in WebCore::FrameLoader::finishedLoading (this=0x20b21c78) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/FrameLoader.cpp:2188
> #32 0x0564a25c in WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didFinishLoading (this=0x20be0e00, finishTime=0) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/MainResourceLoader.cpp:467
> #33 0x0599cc0c in WebCore::ResourceLoader::didFinishLoading (this=0x20be0e00, finishTime=0) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/loader/ResourceLoader.cpp:436
> #34 0x05997a58 in -[WebCoreResourceHandleAsDelegate connectionDidFinishLoading:] (self=0x230dfe60, _cmd=0x917a1300, connection=0x230dc930) at /Users/kdean/WebKit/Source/WebCore/platform/network/mac/ResourceHandleMac.mm:969
> #35 0x937d8818 in _NSURLConnectionDidFinishLoading ()
> #36 0x9636bd90 in URLConnectionClient::_clientDidFinishLoading ()
> #37 0x9636ca0c in URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload ()
> #38 0x9636ccdc in URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload ()
> #39 0x9636b504 in URLConnectionClient::processEvents ()
> #40 0x96315004 in MultiplexerSource::perform ()
> #41 0x901cc1a0 in CFRunLoopRunSpecific ()
> #42 0x91f71b18 in RunCurrentEventLoopInMode ()
> #43 0x91f7193c in ReceiveNextEventCommon ()
> #44 0x91f7177c in BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode ()
> #45 0x90831248 in _DPSNextEvent ()
> #46 0x90830c00 in -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] ()
> #47 0x00019a14 in ?? ()
> #48 0x9082a8a0 in -[NSApplication run] ()
> #49 0x907fb29c in NSApplicationMain ()
> #50 0x0000c05c in ?? ()
> Current language:  auto; currently c++
Comment 27 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-22 19:29:07 PDT
Just checking in on this one... maybe it can get fixed in the next Nightly, Monthly, or whatever it is now.  8)
Comment 28 Kevin M. Dean 2011-03-22 20:12:31 PDT
(In reply to comment #27)
> Just checking in on this one... maybe it can get fixed in the next Nightly, Monthly, or whatever it is now.  8)

...and not sooner than making this comment, a new nightly finally comes out... although it still crashes, so back to r79987 for me.
Comment 29 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-24 12:33:09 PDT
Created attachment 86812 [details]
Patch
Comment 30 Geoffrey Garen 2011-03-24 12:47:50 PDT
Comment on attachment 86812 [details]
Patch

r=me

Would be worth a comment like "We need to keep this function present so nightly builds still work," to reduce mystery.
Comment 31 Oliver Hunt 2011-03-24 14:46:50 PDT
Committed r81900: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/81900>