Many (see https://bugs.webkit.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=zlib+xs) patches seem to fail in the commit queue with error messages of the form:
Failed to run "[u'/Users/eseidel/Projects/CommitQueue/WebKitTools/Scripts/svn-apply', u'--reviewer', u'Dimitri Glazkov', u'--force']" exit_code: 255
Last 500 characters of output:
patching file LayoutTests/platform/chromium-linux/http/tests/navigation/post-basic-expected.checksum
literal is only avaliable with the XS version at /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at /Users/eseidel/Projects/CommitQueue/WebKitTools/Scripts/VCSUtils.pm line 1670.
I'm not 100% clear on what the XS version of Zlib is, but given that webkit-patch apply-attachment succeeded locally (on a Snow Leopard machine) with patches that the cq rejected (e.g. attachment 67416 [details]), I assume it's some sort of configuration issue.
Yeah, tried fixing it before, but failed. I should try again. It's a Mac Leopard machine which used to work fine, not sure how the zlib module broke.
Just installed a new Compress::Zlib on the machine. Hopefully this should go away.
I installed a new Compress::Zlib from cpan this evening. I may need to go in and delete the version in Library.
I removed that copy of Zlib.pm. It can't make this issue worse, maybe it will make it better. :)
I believe it's fixed for real this time.