This would make it possible for the Sliding Drawer that currently holds the Console to support multiple views:
This hints at a new "Changes" view, that will likely be opened in a different bug.
Created attachment 33945 [details]
Drawer Support For Multiple Views
The ChangeLog covers some of the details. But I'll still throw some notes here.
- Console.js should be renamed to ConsoleView.js in order to preserve the history (good point from Tim).
- Drawer.js handles the Sliding View opening/closing. It may contain multiple views with their own status bar icons.
- ConsoleView.js one such view. (Basically the old Console.js)
- ChangesView.js a new view that may be similar to "FireDiff" for Firebug, to show Changes made via the inspector.
- The ChangesView is off in the patch, there are a number of "TODO" items that explicitly mention what needs to be done to enable it.
- Images for the ChangesView are not yet implemented. There are a number of "TODO" items that explicitly mention which images are needed.
Landed in r46732.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Landed in r46732.
Note that there is a special case in InspectorController's showPanel functionality that is treating Console differently than other views (due to its being a drawer). I don't think any action is required wrt this change, just fyi.