When using Find to search for text on a webpage, there is a standard system alert beep sound played if there are no results found.
However, there is a new bug.
Now, the beep will play the first time Find returns no results, but the sound will not be played if the user initiates Find Again for the same text.
The beep sound should be played each time.
1. "Find" text which is not on webpage. Beep sound plays.
2. "Find Again" same text. No beep sound does not play.
The beep sound should play every time text is not found.
There is a problem with Find: hitting Enter/Return key does not work, after the first time Find is used.
command-G for Find Again works OK and plays beep correctly.
1. Enter text to find (that is known to not exist on webpage) in the Find field on webpage.
2. Hit Enter/Return key. Beep sounds to indicate nothing is found.
3. Hit Enter/Return key again. Nothing happens.
4. Hit command-G. Beep sounds.
This is not a problem with beep sounding (as originally reported).
This is a problem with Find and user interface, involving Enter/Return key
problem still exists ( r42142 )