Starting with MacOS 13 and using Safari browser, we are not able share the screen, the shared content not available for other participants in a call.
Tested devices and browsers:
Bug is reproducible on:
- MacBook Pro (M1, 2020, MacOS Ventura 13.0) and Safari (V16.1 (186126.96.36.199.12))
- MacBook Pro (M1, MacOS Ventura 13.0.1) and Safari (V16.1 (186188.8.131.52.12))
Bug is not reproducible on:
- MacBook Pro (M1, MacOS Ventura 13.0) and Google Chrome (V107.0.5304.87)
- MacBook Pro (Intel, 2020, MacOS Monterey 12.6) and Safari (V 16.0 (176184.108.40.206.10, 17614))
- MacBook Pro (Intel, 2020, MacOS Monterey 12.6.1) and Safari (V16.1 (176220.127.116.11.13, 17614))
User is in an active WebRTC call on Safari
MacOS User who uses Safari starts share the entire screen
When sharing just the window, indications of screenshare are on but other users don't see what is being shared. Full screen sharing doesn't work at all
User is able to share their screen /window and others are able to see the screen/window
Added sysdiagnostics file:
Bug reproduced at 11:08 am, 14.11.2022. (EET time zone).
Madara thanks for the detailed report.
Which sites, applications are you using?
@Madara, marking it as duplicate of bug 247310.
Please reopen if you think this is different.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 247310 ***
Bug is still reproducible with MacOS Ventura 13.1 + Safari (Version 16.2 (18618.104.22.168.5))
I added new sysdiagnostics file:
If the bug fixed with https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=247310 , Do you know which version a correction could be expected with?
Same, the issue is existed in 16.2 (18622.214.171.124.5) on my Mac Intel Ventura 13.1 (22C65)
I can also reproduced the issue on Safari Technology Preview Release 160 (Safari 16.4, WebKit 186126.96.36.199)
Fyi, see the solution I found borrows from Google Meet screen sharing https://stackoverflow.com/a/75065525/4796724