Created attachment 459546 [details]
Animating and then focusing a button inside of a contain: paint container causes the button to disappear.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached code reproduction in Safari (iOS or macOS).
2. Click the "Show Menu" button. Observe that a button translates in and then disappears.
I expect the button to remain visible after the animation ends.
The button disappears after the animation ends.
- I can reproduce this on iOS 15.5 and Safari 15.5.
- This issue only reproduces when the document direction is RTL. LTR works as expected.
- This works as expected on Chrome and Firefox.
There are a couple things that fix the issue:
- Transforming the button using translateX instead of translate3d
- Focusing the button in a requestAnimationFrame
Same as bug 238088?
Created attachment 459547 [details]
Code reproduction (with div)
This appears to be a different issue. The linked issue notes that the behavior only happens on <button> elements and does not happen on <div> elements. The issue reported here reproduces on both.
I attached a new code reproduction showing this. The steps to reproduce are the same.
(In reply to Simon Fraser (smfr) from comment #1)
> Same as bug 238088?
I don't think so since that bug was fixed in macOS 12.5 but this bug reproduces in this build.
Changed the title as this bug repros with "overflow: clip".
While it regressed at r292400, I think that change just surfaced some old repaint(overflow?) bug here.
This doesn't repro for me with trunk Webkit or the current iOS/Mac Safari betas.