Text input traits that controlled the behavior of the input, like spellcheck, autocorrect, autocomplete and autocapitalize, have been used in prior versions to control QuickType functionality on iOS. On iOS15 it is no longer possible to control the behavior of the QuickType bar, or to make it disappear. The API for UITextInputTraits has changed, but it looks like it has not propagated to the WKWebView control yet:
In iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 and earlier, when autocorrectionType is set to UITextAutocorrectionTypeNo, the QuickType bar is disabled. For apps linked against iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 or later, the QuickType bar is enabled and shows spellchecking candidates. If the new behavior isn’t desirable for your use case, set spellCheckingType to UITextSpellCheckingTypeNo to hide the QuickType bar. (68874861)
""" UIKit section from - https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-ipados-15-release-notes
* STEPS (under iOS15)
1. Create a jsfiddle with a single <input type="text" autocorrect="off" autocomplete="off" autocapitalize="none" spellcheck="off"/>
2. Tap into the field. The QuickType bar should be hidden or shown without any suggestions.
- Under iOS15, the QuickType bar is still shown and there is no combination to disable it, because it is not propagating the new fields properly.
- If linked under iOS14, everything will still work.
- It is expected to respect the same behavior as iOS14.