We have encountered an issue that during a WebRTC conference, when a m3u8 format file is played using default <video> element, the beginning of the audio is stuttering for about 20 seconds, before it starts to play smoothly. The output of the video's sound is from top speaker.
However, if a mp4 format file is played, it's smooth from beginning without any stuttering. The output of the video's sound is from bottom loudspeaker.
If only a m3u8 format file is played without WebRTC conference, it plays smoothly.
Tested iOS versions:
- iPhone Xs Max on iOS 14.7.1
- iPad 7th Generation on iOS 14.7.1
To reproduce this issue:
- Start a WebRTC call with only yourself in it
- On the same page, play a video in m3u8 format, and verify if the audio stutters in the beginning
Sample app for issue reproduction: https://static.inspify.io/playground/ios_webrtc_audio/index.html
- Click on Join Meeting button
- Approve camera / microphone permission from public Jitsi
- No need to join conference room, while you can see your own video, play the video on top of the page
- Verify if audio is stuttering at the beginning
Hi Sheng, have you tried on latest iOS 15 betas?
It seems to work for me there.
Hello Youenn, I've just tried on iOS 15 on an iPad and the issue seems to be fixed.