Created attachment 435901 [details]
Xcode app reproduction
When using an input with type="tel" in WKWebView, VoiceOver always reads the numbers entered in English, regardless of what the device's language is set to. This does not happen with other types of inputs.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Change a device running iOS 14 to a non-English language.
2. Enable VoiceOver.
3. Run attached Xcode app on the device.
4. Tap into the "Input (Tel)" input. VoiceOver should read information about the input in the language you chose in step 1.
5. Double tap to activate the input. A numeric keypad should appear.
6. Single tap the "1" key. VoiceOver should read the key in the language you chose in step 1.
7. Double tap the "1" key to enter it into the input. VoiceOver should read the key in English.
8. Tap the "Input (Number)" input and repeat steps 5-7. You should notice that on step 7, VoiceOver reads the key in the language you chose in step 1.
I would expect the value in step 7 to be read in the language that I chose in step 1.
The value in step 7 is always read in English with input type="tel".
- This issue reproduces on iOS 15 beta 6.
- This issue only reproduces in WKWebView and does not reproduce in mobile Safari.
- You can visit https://frosty-bhaskara-04f568.netlify.app/ in mobile Safari to see VoiceOver working as expected. This is the same URL that is loaded in the Xcode app.