Created attachment 429177 [details]
Given an email text field and a password text field, autocompleting on the password text field does not result in the email text field firing an input event. In this scenario, I am using the iOS Keychain manager to autofill both the email and password text fields.
When autocompleting on the password text field, I would expect that the input event is fired for both email and password text fields since their values have changed.
The input event is only fired for the password text field when initiating the autofill from that text field.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download the attached Xcode application and deploy on an iOS device.
2. Open Safari Dev Tools and inspect this application.
3. Tap into the password text field and use the iOS Keychain to autofill an email/password combination.
4. Visually, both the email and password fields are filled, but only the password value is shown above the text fields.
5. Look at the dev tools console and you should see that the input event is only fired for the password text field.
6. Repeat these steps in Safari on https://wizardly-easley-1439a0.netlify.app/ (This URL is what the webview loads). You should notice that the input events are fired for both the email and password text fields as expected.
- I can reproduce this on iOS 13 and iOS 14.
- This is impacting Ionic Framework applications and has resulted in at least one app getting rejected from the iOS App Store, so it would be great if this could be looked at (See https://github.com/ionic-team/ionic-framework/issues/23335 for more context)
I would like to add that we have an iOS app that is experiencing this bug so a fix would be very welcome.
I'm also experiencing this with iOS 16 beta 4. Very annoying bug. This is not only related to Ionic. We use Laravel with Livewire and Alpine for our website that we load in WKWebView.
Still actual for my app. Please fix this bug🙏
I am also experiencing this problem.