Created attachment 361285 [details]
min repro HTML
0. Open Safari (any version, including 12 or TP74; preferably 11+ to have `performance.getEntries()`)
1. Empty the browser cache (alt-cmd-e), or open a new tab (cmd-t)
2. Load https://jg-testpage.github.io/es-modules/module-nomodule/safari.html (also attached to this bug)
3. Observe that `nomodule.js` is listed as one of the loaded resources.
3. `nomodule` scripts should never be loaded in a modern browser.
- Reproducible about 50% of the time in new tab
- Reproducible 100% of the time when when the cache is empty
- When there's no "traditional" script on top of HTML that has neither "nomodule" nor "type=module", I didn't repro (so far)
- Chrome: not affected
- Firefox: not affected
- Edge: affected, but it has bigger problems (it always loads nomodule)
This is probably an issue with the HTML preloader.