After clicking the "More actions" button, all Gmail keyboard shortcuts stop working. The user has to click on the inbox "background" to get them working again.
Steps to reproduce:
- Login into Gmail
- Make sure you use the newer version (Gmail 2)
- When you see your inbox, enter j and k to scroll up/down the inbox
- Click the "more actions" button and close it again by clicking a second time
- Try j and k again: they stop working (and all other shortcuts).
- Click the inbox background
- Try the keyboard shortcuts; they work again
There is another more difficult to duplicate focus issues: When clicking the reply field in a conversation and then entering text the characters will be treated as keyboard shortcuts.
Last working WebKit nightly build: 32652 (32698 introduces the bug)
After scanning all change sets, this one looks like it could be releated:
http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/32664 (Fix <rdar://problem/4911289> Add tabindex property to all children of HTMLElement (7138) http://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7138)
Update: The bug can be duplicated in the Google Chrome Browser.