Steps to reproduce:
1) Add any app to home screen, e.g., https://www.trivago.com/.
2) Launch the trivago app from the home screen and start using it, e.g., start looking for a hotel.
3) Multitask to a different app, e.g., Calendar to check dates.
4) Multitask back to the trivago app to continue the booking flow.
5) Notice how the app reloads from scratch and has lost all context.
This also breaks Oauth flows, see https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/issues/45 for a concrete example.
I have the same problem with my app. It will reload every time it is opened.
Ok if it's been a day since the user has opened it or something. But reloading immediately after closing once and opening again is very painful for my users experience.
This is a known issue, but is also not a WebKit issue; We're tracking it in Radar.
Thanks for the report!
@Brady Eidson thank you for your comment and continued support. Could you tell us where we can track the status of this issue on Radar? Best regards.