When selecting a tab in a tablist element targeting the WAI-ARIA spec v1.1, VoiceOver focuses other elements outside of the tablist after the tab has been selected.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Turn on VoiceOver.
2) Load demo in Safari 10 on iOS 10.3.2 (demo: http://pauljadam.com/demos/aria-tabpanel.html)
2) Focus first tab in the tablist.
3) Select focused tab using double tap.
4) Observe level 2 heading "Apples" in tab panel being focused.
5) Repeat steps 2-3 for second tab.
6) Observe level 2 heading "Pick your favorite fruits!" being focused.
7) Repeat steps 2-3 for third tab.
8) Observe page heading "WAI-ARIA Tab Panel" being focused.
Actual Results: Non-tab element on page is focused after tab element selection.
Expected Results: Tab element that is selected should remain focused.
This has also been noticed with a menu widget with menuitem children.
Nevermind, I was improperly single touching other elements for the menu item widget.