SubtleCrypto algorithms just got exposed on workers.
Probably the most notable part of work here is to make structured clone work with CryptoKeys in workers.
Also from the WG resolution:
The previous blocking issues were:
1) Should we define sync interfaces
2) How do we handle multi-threaded Key access
We resolved point 1 by saying "No"
- In the future, if we wish to do so, it can be as part of / extension to the Promise interface" (eg: imagine a promise.wait() method)
We resolved point 2 by removing the Key Storage (long ago), allowing Keys to be handled in IDB.
- All cryptographic state is handled within the Promise, which isn't transferrable between workers
- Key tainting is no longer required, by virtue of moving the hashed attributes into key generation, so we don't have synchronization risks there
- Regardless, by virtue of the Promises() interface, implementations can take their own approach to scheduling the work for promises
*** Bug 157900 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Is this already working with the new SubtleCrypto changes?
(In reply to comment #3)
> Is this already working with the new SubtleCrypto changes?
I think so. However, I will prefer to close this bug when all methods are in place.
This bug should be resolved by the following revisions: