In Minibrowser, when searching for some text in a page, all matches are highlighted. Clicking on the Up and Down buttons in the search bar, navigates through the list of matched words. When the search bar is closed down, all the marked words are unhighlighted. However, when the search bar is reopened, although the search bar still contains the results of the latest search (and in fact, it is possible to navigate through the list of matched words using the Up and Down buttons), the words are not highlighted.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a the Minibrowser with the default URL (http://www.webkitgtk.org/) for instance.
2. Press Ctrl+F to open the search bar and type "the".
3. All the "the" words will be highlighted. Navigate through the list of matched words.
4. Close the search bar.
5. Press Ctrl+F to open the search bar again.
6. The search bar contains the results of the last search. It's possible to navigate through the list of matches but there are no highlighted words.
Expected result: When opening the search bar again, highlight the matched words of the last search. Notice that when reopening the search bar, its edit box is not empty but contains the last searched text.
Created attachment 223462 [details]
Thanks for the patch. If this patch contains new public API please make sure it follows the guidelines for new WebKit2 GTK+ API. See http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/AddingNewWebKit2API
I would be great if we could add a unit tests for this case.
Created attachment 223471 [details]
Created attachment 223484 [details]
Comment on attachment 223484 [details]
Clearing flags on attachment: 223484
Committed r163699: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/163699>
All reviewed patches have been landed. Closing bug.