2007-02-02 15:58:03 Chris Petersen:
When replying to message in Gmail, the caret is removed from message body when you start to type. This reproduces only when Safari-521.33.tar.gz is installed over Leopard9A357.
* STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. With TOT (Leopard) or Safari-521.33.tar.gz installed over Leopard9A357, login into Gmail.
2. Click on a message in your gmail inbox. Then click "Reply" link.
3. When the message opens, notice the caret is correctly displayed in the message body
4. Now start to type. Notice the caret is removed for the message body field.
5. Clicking in the message body does insert the caret again but this is just a extra step for the user.
Caret should remain in message body when typing in a reply but doesn't
Yes, this works in stock Leopard 9A357.
2007-02-02 16:38:05 Chris Petersen:
This also occurs on TOT (Tiger) r19371, r12016.
2007-02-02 18:45:33 Justin Garcia:
This regressed between r19312 and r19336.
2007-02-02 18:46:35 Justin Garcia:
Adele, you made some changes in r19313 that look suspicious. Could you look at this?
I can no longer reproduce this in TOT. Can someone else confirm?
Ah, this only occurs in their rich editing mode
Committed revision 19522.