2006-10-19 23:55:13 Masayuki Shibatani:
Prediction window cannot select by tab key on many pages. For example it can select by tab key on search field of http://apple.excite.co.jp/, and http://www.apple.com/ but cannot select search field on http://www.google.co.jp/ and http://www.amazon.co.jp/ and any field of composing email on DotMac.
* STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Install Leopard 9A286 on English primary, Japanese country and Kotoeri as default keyboard. (You can enable Kotoeri on International preferences after install).
2. Open URL:http://apple.excite.co.jp on Safari.
3. Click search field and type 'toukyouoperasithi'.
4. Hit space and confirm it as '東京オペラシティ'.
5. Select all and remove it.
6. Type 'toukyo'.
=> The prediction window shows up. It has two candidates like screen shot.
7. Hit tab key.
=> Confirm you can select any candidate by tab key.
8. Open URL:http://www.google.co.jp on Safari.
9. Click search field and type 'toukyo'.
=> The prediction window shows up. It is same as STEP 6.
10. Hit tab key.
Actual: Current selection moves to other field. It was URL field on tool bar when I tested.
Expected: Should select other candidate on prediction window.
2006-10-20 11:49:57 David Harrison:
Maybe a dupe of <rdar://problem/4753259> regression: Can't enter Japanese text w/ Gmail
2006-10-24 11:55:06 Timothy Hatcher:
Safari BRB Reviewed
2006-12-20 07:12:48 David Harrison:
Not a dupe. Repros with trivial test case attached. Just two text input elements.
2007-01-23 13:38:09 David Harrison:
Adele, Darin says this might be closely related to something you're already working on.
I think I know how to fix this, based on other similar work I've been doing.
Committed revision 19579.