Bug 118888 - Visual Studio files need x64 configuration
Summary: Visual Studio files need x64 configuration
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: WebKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: WebKit Misc. (show other bugs)
Version: 528+ (Nightly build)
Hardware: PC Windows 7
: P3 Normal
Assignee: Nobody
URL:
Keywords: InRadar
Depends on:
Blocks: 61553
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-07-18 21:35 PDT by Alex Christensen
Modified: 2013-11-18 17:15 PST (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:


Attachments
patch (deleted)
2013-07-18 21:47 PDT, Alex Christensen
bfulgham: review+
commit-queue: commit-queue-
Details | Formatted Diff | Diff
patch (deleted)
2013-07-19 11:30 PDT, Alex Christensen
no flags Details | Formatted Diff | Diff
Patch (2.32 MB, patch)
2013-07-19 11:47 PDT, Alex Christensen
no flags Details | Formatted Diff | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Alex Christensen 2013-07-18 21:35:24 PDT
The Visual Studio projects and solutions need an x64 configuration.  They'll need some tweaking afterwards (adding assembly files), but I think the first step should be to just create the x64 configuration and commit the large change.

Note: Visual Studio Express does not come with an x64 compiler.
Comment 1 Alex Christensen 2013-07-18 21:47:29 PDT
Created attachment 207057 [details]
patch
Comment 2 Brent Fulgham 2013-07-19 10:14:41 PDT
Comment on attachment 207057 [details]
patch

View in context: https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=207057&action=review

Wow!  That was a big patch, but it looks good.  I made a few notes for future reference; we should try to clean them up as we make actual configuration changes to support 64-bit.

> Source/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCore.vcxproj/LLInt/LLIntDesiredOffsets/LLIntDesiredOffsets.vcxproj:105
> +    <Import Project="$(WebKit_Libraries)\tools\vsprops\common.props" />

When I did this locally, I needed to make a "common_x64.props" file.  We'll probably need to do something like this in your second bug.

> Source/WTF/WTF.vcxproj/WTF.vcxproj.filters:217
> +    <ClCompile Include="..\wtf\text\AtomicStringTable.cpp" />

Interesting -- I wonder why this was missing before your patch?

> Source/WebKit/WebKit.vcxproj/Interfaces/Interfaces.vcxproj:185
> +      <WarningLevel>Level3</WarningLevel>

Note: We should be setting this stuff in a property sheet!  Reminder for later :-)

> Source/WebKit/WebKit.vcxproj/WebKitGUID/WebKitGUID.vcxproj.filters:12
> +    <ClCompile Include="$(ConfigurationBuildDir)\obj32\WebKit\Interfaces\AccessibleRelation_i.c" />

Good catch!  We'll need to make sure we have obj64 cases soon...

> Tools/DumpRenderTree/DumpRenderTree.vcxproj/DumpRenderTree/DumpRenderTree.vcxproj.filters:108
> +    <ClCompile Include="..\..\JavaScriptThreading.cpp" />

Huh.  Wonder why this wasn't already in the filters file?

> Tools/DumpRenderTree/DumpRenderTree.vcxproj/DumpRenderTree/DumpRenderTreeLauncher.vcxproj:171
> +      <AdditionalOptions>/SAFESEH %(AdditionalOptions)</AdditionalOptions>

Seems like this should be in a property sheet.  Note for future work!
Comment 3 WebKit Commit Bot 2013-07-19 10:41:48 PDT
Comment on attachment 207057 [details]
patch

Rejecting attachment 207057 [details] from commit-queue.

Failed to run "['/Volumes/Data/EWS/WebKit/Tools/Scripts/webkit-patch', '--status-host=webkit-queues.appspot.com', '--bot-id=webkit-cq-03', 'validate-changelog', '--check-oops', '--non-interactive', 207057, '--port=mac']" exit_code: 1 cwd: /Volumes/Data/EWS/WebKit

ChangeLog entry in Source/WebCore/ChangeLog contains OOPS!.

Full output: http://webkit-queues.appspot.com/results/1132195
Comment 4 Alex Christensen 2013-07-19 11:30:03 PDT
Created attachment 207130 [details]
patch
Comment 5 WebKit Commit Bot 2013-07-19 11:32:28 PDT
Comment on attachment 207130 [details]
patch

Rejecting attachment 207130 [details] from commit-queue.

Failed to run "['/Volumes/Data/EWS/WebKit/Tools/Scripts/webkit-patch', '--status-host=webkit-queues.appspot.com', '--bot-id=webkit-cq-01', 'apply-attachment', '--no-update', '--non-interactive', 207130, '--port=mac']" exit_code: 2 cwd: /Volumes/Data/EWS/WebKit

Last 500 characters of output:
roj
patch: **** malformed patch at line 7: 

patching file Tools/WinLauncher/WinLauncher.vcxproj/WinLauncherLib.vcxproj
patch: **** malformed patch at line 7: 

patching file Tools/win/AssembleBuildLogs/AssembleBuildLogs.vcxproj
patch: **** malformed patch at line 7: 

patching file Tools/win/record-memory/record-memory.vcxproj
patch: **** malformed patch at line 7: 


Failed to run "[u'/Volumes/Data/EWS/WebKit/Tools/Scripts/svn-apply', '--force']" exit_code: 2 cwd: /Volumes/Data/EWS/WebKit

Full output: http://webkit-queues.appspot.com/results/1100870
Comment 6 Alex Christensen 2013-07-19 11:47:14 PDT
Created attachment 207133 [details]
Patch
Comment 7 Brent Fulgham 2013-07-19 12:19:41 PDT
Comment on attachment 207133 [details]
Patch

r=me
Comment 8 WebKit Commit Bot 2013-07-19 12:43:04 PDT
Comment on attachment 207133 [details]
Patch

Clearing flags on attachment: 207133

Committed r152921: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/152921>
Comment 9 WebKit Commit Bot 2013-07-19 12:43:06 PDT
All reviewed patches have been landed.  Closing bug.
Comment 10 Brent Fulgham 2013-11-18 17:15:20 PST
<rdar://problem/15498612>