Make it a build error to put invalid C++ symbol names in WebCore.exp.in
Created attachment 201459 [details]
Comment on attachment 201459 [details]
Committed r149932: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/149932>
I didn't think that <cxxabi.h> existed on Windows. At least, my local build now fails. I wonder why the build bots are happy?
Yeah, looking at other cases of <cxxabi.h> use on the web, it appears to be something Microsoft has not yet implemented. We should probably enclose this in an OS(WINDOWS) guard or something.
Note that the VS2010 version of this generator was not touched by this change. Maybe the right fix here is to copy an old version of the generator script to the vcproj folder and use it exclusively for VS2005 builds.
Either way, I'm guessing the Windows bots will start failing soon when they do a full clean build, or something touches the symbol file kicking of a rebuild of the WebKitExportGenerator project. For better or for worse, the actual script that generates the source file is not 'seen' by the VS dependency checker, so it does not trigger a build when changed. That's probably why the builds are still running.
I committed a change to resolve the problem on my side:
Committed r149951: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/149951>
Please double-check I did not hurt anything in your new functionality.
(In reply to comment #6)
> I committed a change to resolve the problem on my side:
> Committed r149951: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/149951>
> Please double-check I did not hurt anything in your new functionality.
Sorry about that, I didn't know that ExportFileGenerator runs on Windows! (I don't think it needs to though).