Bug 80447

Summary: Too many tests (200+ on SL, 80+ on Lion) tests are failing on Mac port
Product: WebKit Reporter: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa>
Component: Tools / TestsAssignee: Nobody <webkit-unassigned>
Status: NEW ---    
Severity: Normal CC: andersca, ap, darin, jberlin, jchaffraix, jhoneycutt, lforschler, mjs, robert, simon.fraser
Priority: P2    
Version: 528+ (Nightly build)   
Hardware: Unspecified   
OS: Unspecified   
Bug Depends on: 67509, 80878, 80901, 81045, 80869, 80930    
Bug Blocks:    

Comment 1 Ryosuke Niwa 2012-03-12 19:55:49 PDT
http://build.webkit.org/results/SnowLeopard%20Intel%20Release%20(Tests)/r110496%20(37999)/results.html

It seems like a large number of tedsts under java/lc3 are failing with the error like:

3FAIL TEST_CLASS.ambiguous(1) should be BYTE. Threw exception Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: More than one method matching name ambiguous and arguments [java.lang.Double]
 4  Method 1: public java.lang.String com.netscape.javascript.qa.lc3.number.Number_008.ambiguous(byte)
 5  Method 2: public java.lang.String com.netscape.javascript.qa.lc3.number.Number_008.ambiguous(boolean)
Comment 2 Ryosuke Niwa 2012-03-12 19:58:35 PDT
+andersca, +jhoneycutt for the java failures. I've seen this failure for a while now way before the bots started to see. If I remember correctly, it started happening after some system update.
Comment 3 Jessie Berlin 2012-03-13 11:23:26 PDT
I don't know about the java failures yet, but a couple of us are trying to make headway on the Lion failures today.
Comment 4 Julien Chaffraix 2012-03-13 14:19:32 PDT
Landed some rebaselines I forgot to disable after r110072 in http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/110599.

I have noticed that some table related failures are related to Robert's caption layout work (CC'ing him if he has some thoughts).
Comment 5 Robert Hogan 2012-03-14 12:34:34 PDT
(In reply to comment #4)

> I have noticed that some table related failures are related to Robert's caption layout work (CC'ing him if he has some thoughts).

There are no actual failures related to captions (that I can see) in:

http://build.webkit.org/builders/Lion%20Intel%20Release%20%28Tests%29/builds/6339/steps/layout-test/logs/stdio
http://build.webkit.org/builders/SnowLeopard%20Intel%20Release%20%28Tests%29/builds/38042/steps/layout-test/logs/stdio

But there are a number of tests relating to the captions changes waiting to be rebaselined in Skipped/test_expectations.txt. They require image rebaselines, and although the bots don't use the pixel results, I have treated this as a blocker to adding just the rebaselined text results myself.