Bug 7622

Summary: REGRESSION: New text fields should compute maxlength considering composed character sequences
Product: WebKit Reporter: Adele Peterson <adele>
Component: FormsAssignee: Darin Adler <darin>
Status: RESOLVED FIXED    
Severity: Normal Keywords: Regression
Priority: P1    
Version: 420+   
Hardware: Macintosh   
OS: OS X 10.4   
Attachments:
Description Flags
patch, including change log and a layout test bdakin: review+

Description Adele Peterson 2006-03-05 21:39:32 PST
New text fields should compute maxlength considering composed character sequences.

See comments in http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6987
Comment 1 Adele Peterson 2006-03-29 17:50:26 PST
Bumping to P1 since this causes a text field regression
Comment 2 Maciej Stachowiak 2006-04-02 23:25:36 PDT
These are all text field regressions so they should all be P1.
Comment 3 Darin Adler 2006-04-07 18:32:40 PDT
The API for this is in ICU, in <unicode/ubrk.h>. If we use a UBRK_CHARACTER iterator, then we can find characer boundaries. I think I'll tackle this.
Comment 4 Darin Adler 2006-04-07 22:01:01 PDT
I've got the fix for this written; just need to write some layout tests. I also fixed a regression where changing maxlength would not immediately truncate the value that's already in the text field.
Comment 5 Darin Adler 2006-04-08 17:03:31 PDT
Created attachment 7587 [details]
patch, including change log and a layout test