Bug 7622 - REGRESSION: New text fields should compute maxlength considering composed character sequences
Summary: REGRESSION: New text fields should compute maxlength considering composed cha...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: WebKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Forms (show other bugs)
Version: 420+
Hardware: Macintosh OS X 10.4
: P1 Normal
Assignee: Darin Adler
URL:
Keywords: Regression
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2006-03-05 21:39 PST by Adele Peterson
Modified: 2006-04-08 22:09 PDT (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
patch, including change log and a layout test (94.39 KB, patch)
2006-04-08 17:03 PDT, Darin Adler
bdakin: review+
Details | Formatted Diff | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Adele Peterson 2006-03-05 21:39:32 PST
New text fields should compute maxlength considering composed character sequences.

See comments in http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6987
Comment 1 Adele Peterson 2006-03-29 17:50:26 PST
Bumping to P1 since this causes a text field regression
Comment 2 Maciej Stachowiak 2006-04-02 23:25:36 PDT
These are all text field regressions so they should all be P1.
Comment 3 Darin Adler 2006-04-07 18:32:40 PDT
The API for this is in ICU, in <unicode/ubrk.h>. If we use a UBRK_CHARACTER iterator, then we can find characer boundaries. I think I'll tackle this.
Comment 4 Darin Adler 2006-04-07 22:01:01 PDT
I've got the fix for this written; just need to write some layout tests. I also fixed a regression where changing maxlength would not immediately truncate the value that's already in the text field.
Comment 5 Darin Adler 2006-04-08 17:03:31 PDT
Created attachment 7587 [details]
patch, including change log and a layout test