|Summary:||Positioning error in dynamically inserted content|
|Product:||WebKit||Reporter:||Sean Hogan <email@example.com>|
|Component:||Layout and Rendering||Assignee:||Nobody <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Severity:||Normal||CC:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Version:||528+ (Nightly build)|
|OS:||Mac OS X 10.6|
|Bug Depends on:|
I've created a reduced test-page. You can try it at: http://playground.meekostuff.net/MathJax-test/shogun70/master/issue24.html?script=%2FMathJax%2Fmathjax%2Fmaster%2FMathJax.js&run=Run Make sure your browser window is wider than 640px, which is the max-width of the container for the test paragraph. You can force the misplaced content into the right position merely by resizing the window width to be less than the max-width of the container. Interestingly this error only seems to occur when the content is the last dynamically generated in the paragraph, and the first content on a new line, and even then there must be other conditions required.
I've tried for a while to reduce this, but the test is still way too complicated to be useful. It may be a general dynamic relayout issue, or it could be specific to external fonts not triggering relayout correctly. Interestingly, this problem doesn't occur on the test case if I change user agent to Firefox - the code has lots of special cases for various browsers. But the issue seems a genuine WebKit bug nonetheless.
Created an attachment (id=78650) [details] partial reduction
My reduction is in inner-html.html - this is source after processing TeX, and after removing all but one <script type="math/tex"> blocks. It still relies on all support files in the directory.