|Summary:||[GTK][GStreamer] Disable MEDIA_SOURCE and ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2 by default|
|Product:||WebKit||Reporter:||Enrique Ocaña <eocanha>|
|Component:||Platform||Assignee:||Enrique Ocaña <eocanha>|
|Version:||WebKit Local Build|
|Bug Depends on:|
Description Enrique Ocaña 2016-09-27 10:02:58 PDT
To ease landing of MSE patches, it's advisable to disable Media Source and Encrypted Media (V1 & V2) by default on WebKitGTK+ and EFL.
Comment 2 Xabier Rodríguez Calvar 2016-09-27 10:30:14 PDT
Comment on attachment 289964 [details] Patch View in context: https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=289964&action=review > Source/cmake/OptionsEfl.cmake:99 > -WEBKIT_OPTION_DEFAULT_PORT_VALUE(ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2 PUBLIC ON) > +WEBKIT_OPTION_DEFAULT_PORT_VALUE(ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2 PUBLIC OFF) After talking to Žan we think it is better to leave this as it is cause we will land everything together and it is unnecessary. > Source/cmake/OptionsEfl.cmake:112 > -WEBKIT_OPTION_DEFAULT_PORT_VALUE(ENABLE_MEDIA_SOURCE PUBLIC ON) > +WEBKIT_OPTION_DEFAULT_PORT_VALUE(ENABLE_MEDIA_SOURCE PUBLIC OFF) Ditto. > ChangeLog:8 > + * Source/cmake/OptionsEfl.cmake: Ditto.
Comment 4 Enrique Ocaña 2016-09-29 05:36:46 PDT
Comment on attachment 289971 [details] Patch ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA has been removed as part of bug #161010. This patch needs rework.
Comment 6 Enrique Ocaña 2016-10-04 07:04:11 PDT
Comment on attachment 290204 [details] Patch Wait until all the patches in 157314 are ready.
Comment 9 Enrique Ocaña 2016-10-26 01:38:52 PDT
Comment on attachment 292885 [details] Patch Clearing flags on attachment: 292885 Committed r207872: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/207872>
Comment 10 Enrique Ocaña 2016-10-26 01:39:00 PDT
All reviewed patches have been landed. Closing bug.
Comment 11 Michael Catanzaro 2016-11-12 11:28:38 PST
So these features are already disabled in WebKitFeatures.cmake. All this did is make the options public, which isn't right as they are still experimental features and not ready to be advertised as supported options. Hence I'm going to roll this out. I think no further changes are required here, I just don't want the options to be public until they're really ready. :)