One of the many ways to see this:
- go to an RSS feed in Safari
- turn on the "Press Tab to highlight each item on a webpage" preference
Now use tab and shift-tab to try to navigate to all the links on the page. Instead you just tab to the article
search and article length controls.
Created attachment 4648 [details]
a patch that fixes some, if not all, of the problems
Maciej claims that his fix for bug 6811 takes care of this too. I'll test that now.
Things are better; I'm not sure whether to close the bug or not, though.
When tabbing through an RSS feed I see a few problems, and I might need to write separate bugs about these and close this one:
1) when doing a shift-tab to cycle backward from the URL field, there's an extra view in the tab cycle, possibly the WebHTMLView itself
2) tabbing to items in the feed is not scrolling to reveal them
3) outlines are getting clipped, so they look bad, especially outlines around the feed item titles and the feed title
4) the outline around the title in the "Source" list looks wrong
The problem mentioned at the top of this bug report is fixed, as is problem (1).
Problems (2), (3), and (4) still exist, and probably need their own bug reports. None of them are regressions.