Bug 51542 - Web Inspector: Missing Localized Strings
Summary: Web Inspector: Missing Localized Strings
Alias: None
Product: WebKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Web Inspector (Deprecated) (show other bugs)
Version: 528+ (Nightly build)
Hardware: All All
: P2 Normal
Assignee: Nobody
Depends on:
Reported: 2010-12-23 10:21 PST by Joseph Pecoraro
Modified: 2011-01-10 22:23 PST (History)
10 users (show)

See Also:

[PATCH] Adds the missing strings (1.09 KB, patch)
2010-12-23 10:24 PST, Joseph Pecoraro
yurys: review+
joepeck: commit-queue-
Details | Formatted Diff | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Joseph Pecoraro 2010-12-23 10:21:42 PST
As seen on the build bot:

• I did not search deeply for other strings.
• I did not search to see if any strings are no longer needed.
Comment 1 Joseph Pecoraro 2010-12-23 10:24:27 PST
Created attachment 77343 [details]
[PATCH] Adds the missing strings

Can't commit queue git delta binary patches.
Comment 2 Joseph Pecoraro 2010-12-23 16:51:39 PST
No-one reviewed this and I had some spare time. I did a quick check to verify that
the strings listed in localizedStrings.js are still valid. Here is what I found:

No longer seem to be used:

    "%s (%s transferred)"
    "Enable resource tracking"
    "Enabling resource tracking will reload the page and make page loading slower."
    "Resource tracking disabled. Click to enable."
    "Resource tracking enabled. Click to disable."
    "You need to enable resource tracking to use this panel."
    "Sort by Duration"
    "Sort by End Time"
    "Sort by Latency"
    "Sort by Response Time"
    "Sort by Size"
    "Sort by Start Time"
    "Sort by Transfer Size"
    "Stop on Attributes Modifications"
    "Stop on Node Removal"
    "Stop on Subtree Modifications"
    "Any Request"
    "Set XHR Breakpoint"

Might be used? Its a key in WebInspector.Resource.Type


Used, but is different in Source Code:

    "Assertion failed: "
Comment 3 Yury Semikhatsky 2010-12-24 00:28:41 PST
(In reply to comment #2)
> No-one reviewed this and I had some spare time. I did a quick check to > Used, but is different in Source Code:
>     "Assertion failed: "

This one must be my fault. I recently changed the code that formats console messages. Will look into it.
Comment 4 Yury Semikhatsky 2010-12-24 09:02:13 PST
Committed r74635: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/74635>
Comment 5 Joseph Pecoraro 2011-01-10 22:23:34 PST
Thanks for landing this for me!

I'll file a new bug with the comment I had about the other localized strings.