Under the following conditions, the video stutters:
- Using <video> element with a src that links to an HLS manifest that has multiple renditions
- Using the `loop` attribute
- Short video (~30 seconds-ish)
I tested this with multiple different sources. It doesn't appear to be an issue specific to one kind of video encoding or container format.
This is a demonstration with 4 different video sources:
- The bug doesn't seem to happen on older iPhone (couldn't get it to happen with iPhone 8)
- I tried with a single-rendition HLS manifest, same bug
This is my first time filing a Safari bug, is this the right place and is "Compositing" the correct component? It was the only component I found that mentioned video.
This is a screen recording of what happens at the beginning of the 3rd loop