When trying to play an <audio> element through Web Audio using createMediaElementSource, I hear cracking noises at the beginning of the audio.
I have tested this with Epiphany on a linux desktop using "flatpak run org.gnome.Epiphany.Devel/x86_64/master" and also on the latest WPE. On Firefox the audio plays clearly.
I created an example here: http://softbot.avner.us/test/media-element-source.html
It happens both when streaming the audio and also when referencing a file through a direct path, as in here: http://softbot.avner.us/test/media-element-source-file.html
When using a buffer source from "decodeAudioData", the audio plays clearly.
Created attachment 366067 [details]
Can you test this? I still hear an audio clip issue but with audiointerleave the output seems better, you need to check you have audiointerleave: gst-inspect-1.0 audiointerleave
Hi, thanks for the patch! Hopefully I can test it out tomorrow.
Created attachment 366271 [details]
GStreamer log with WPE 2.24 and WIP patch
Hi, I applied the patch on WPE 2.24 (I don't have yet a compiling environment for the desktop WebKitGTK.), but the situation there seems worse. I only hear a tiny fragment of the audio, and the rest is silence. However it wasn't really playing anything on WPE from before the patch as well. I attached the gst log, maybe you could make something out of it.
Sorry, I currently don't have time to debug RPi things.
OK. I'll try to compile Epiphany on my desktop over the weekend.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 197847 ***
I'm not sure this is a duplicate. Reopening until I get access to the test-case again, @softrobot
Hello and sorry for disappearing!
The test case exists now in here:
I just tested it with org.gnome.Epiphany.Devel/x86_64/master (3.33.3-60-g7173aefcc, WebKitGTK 2.25.2) and the sound still breaks up in the beginning.
OK, I hear the bug. Definitely not bug #197847.
I think I may also be running into this bug. The test pages on softbot.avner.us and hitodama.online are no longer available. Please consider making them available again.
Sorry this link is from a project I'm not maintaining at the moment.
I was able to start it though:
If it becomes unavailable again you can reproduce it from the following files:
Express JS function: https://github.com/Avnerus/softbot/blob/8170602e14e3819da97c241e73983cbe69a62fec/server/index.js#L92
Thanks for the quick reply! I can confirm that I'm seeing this bug on my Macbook with Safari 13.0.4.
I've uploaded your test to a static site, with a small change to comply with Safari and Chrome's audio playback restrictions. https://brianpeiris.github.io/safari-audio-crack-test/
The plays clearly in Chrome and Firefox on the same machine.
Created attachment 425095 [details]
Committed r275512: <https://commits.webkit.org/r275512>
All reviewed patches have been landed. Closing bug and clearing flags on attachment 425095 [details].