While fiddling with the use of a canvas image in a css background, ran into a browser hang.
1. Load URL with latest nightly
2. Let run for a few minutes.
Result: background goes away, only text shows and browser hangs (*not* a crash, just beach ball)
In Activity Monitor, memory usage shows up at 3.55gb. Guessing some sort of mem leak. Process sample is attached.
Created attachment 20656 [details]
sample dump from Activity Monitor
Confirmed with r32016. This example leaks horribly for me.
With MallocStackLogging turned on:
1. Started Safari with a blank home page (using ~19 MB RAM).
2. Let the testcase run for 30 seconds
3. Close the window; let it sit for 15 seconds (up to ~130 MB RAM)
4. Run leaks with the following output:
Process 28694: 39259 nodes malloced for 5581 KB
Process 28694: 1483 leaks for 130592 total leaked bytes.
The entire leaks output is 6.5 MB which bugzilla doesn't like, so I've just uploaded the file to my webserver for now: <http://mattlilek.com/files/WebKitBug18563Leaks.txt>
Created attachment 20657 [details]
Fixed (in theory) in r32046.