Created attachment 319746 [details]
Correct form for all lines
Please review this webpage in Safari.
Safari fails to renders all 6 lines correctly.
1. Opentype font: Noto Sans Kannada font fails in Safari
2. Kannada sangam MN font fails in Safari
3. Kannada MN font fails in Safari
4. Canonical equivalence order. Opentype font: Noto Sans fails in Safari
5. Canonical equivalence order. Kannada sangam MN font fails in Safari
6. Canonical equivalence order. Kannada MN font fails in Safari
This issue is both in Apple core text engine as demonstrated in Noto Sans Kannada font. This font renders this combination correctly in EDGE, IE, chrome browsers, but fails in Safari.
Kannada sangam MN and Kannada MN fonts fails. If the webpage calls for Sansserif and serif CSS class. These two apple default fonts are loaded in Safari. Both fonts fail in both forms.
Please refer to this combination in unicode standard in the below link. Page 497 and 498
OS: Mac OS High Sierra, Build 17A360a
Browser: Safari Version 11.0 (13604.1.38.1.6)
Created attachment 320061 [details]
Screen Capure from IE
Windows 7 and IE 11 supports both form.
Created attachment 320062 [details]
Screen Capure from Chrome
Chrome supports the Unicode standard sequence. It doesn't support the canonical equivalence yet. But harfbuzz has accepted the bug/enhancement. This will be fixed soon.