Speedometer 2.0 currently has a mix of code using different licenses. To make it easier for other vendors to pull in this version to their trunks, it's been asked if we can clarify what the licenses are in the benchmark readme.
- Webkit itself is licensed with portions under LGPL and BSD (https://webkit.org/licensing-webkit/). I believe this includes the Speedometer benchmark runner.
- Much of PerformanceTests/Speedometer/resources/todomvc is technically MIT.
- WebKit recommends substantive changes include contributor and license text at the start of each file. We (myself and Mathias Bynens from Google) have not done this, but could retroactively.
If the README was updated to clarify:
1. Runner files like Speedometer/index.html and Speedometer/InteractiveRunner.html and their dependencies are LGPL
2. PerformanceTests/Speedometer/resources/todomvc is MIT (we'll double check and note anything that is otherwise)
Would this be okay? We're happy to discuss if other changes need to me made.
We think this has been fixed.