Bug 17457 - Upgrade to Bugzilla 3.2.x
: Upgrade to Bugzilla 3.2.x
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
: WebKit
WebKit Website
: 523.x (Safari 3)
: Macintosh Mac OS X 10.5
: P2 Normal
Assigned To:
: http://www.bugzilla.org/
:
:
: 26950 26958
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-02-20 13:35 PST by
Modified: 2009-07-03 18:46 PST (History)


Attachments


Note

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Description From 2008-02-20 13:35:13 PST
Now that bugs.webkit.org is in Subversion, we can upgrade to Bugzilla 3.0.x fairly easily.
------- Comment #1 From 2008-02-20 13:35:40 PST -------
*** Bug 17456 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
------- Comment #2 From 2008-04-13 18:18:32 PST -------
I've started working on merging BugsSite to Bugzilla 3.0.3.
------- Comment #3 From 2008-04-18 19:30:11 PST -------
Status:  I've got everything merged except for the custom templates.
------- Comment #4 From 2008-04-27 08:24:44 PST -------
(In reply to comment #3)
> Status:  I've got everything merged except for the custom templates.

Also have to merge the custom skins files yet.

Note that there were 222 custom template files (the entire template/en/default directory was apparently copied to template/en/custom), only 46 of which had any differences from their default versions.  Need to go through those diffs individually to find out which ones are really needed.
------- Comment #5 From 2009-06-08 13:45:06 PST -------
I assume work on this has stopped (since there haven't been updates in a year).  Maybe I can be of help?  I would like to be able to write scripts which use the bugzilla API... but that's only available in 3.x :(
------- Comment #6 From 2009-06-08 22:45:41 PST -------
(In reply to comment #5)
> I assume work on this has stopped (since there haven't been updates in a year).
>  Maybe I can be of help?  I would like to be able to write scripts which use
> the bugzilla API... but that's only available in 3.x :(

Nope, I've been busy working on products announced at WWDC this week.  I plan to work on this next week.
------- Comment #7 From 2009-06-29 13:58:30 PST -------
How is this going?
------- Comment #8 From 2009-06-29 14:00:17 PST -------
Very well.
------- Comment #9 From 2009-06-29 14:25:07 PST -------
(In reply to comment #8)
> Very well.

I've got Bugzilla merged to 3.2.3 in a local git repository as of this morning.  Just have to work out the UTF-8 encodings update for the database and tweak the UI to only partially suck after the update (I'll let others tweak it more after it lands if they so choose).
------- Comment #10 From 2009-07-01 08:27:26 PST -------
I've got the UI fixed up (mostly tweaks to the top of the page) and the contrib/recode.pl script fixed to work around Bug 9630 that caused a number of 0xA0 characters to be submitted to the bugs.webkit.org database.  (It seems that using an initial encoding of cp1252 magically converts them back to normal spaces in UTF-8.)  Only had to manually specify the encoding (shiftjis in this case) for 6 items in the database as the script guessed the rest using the Encode::Detect module.

Just need to schedule some down time for the upgrade.
------- Comment #11 From 2009-07-01 08:29:57 PST -------
*** Bug 16847 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
------- Comment #12 From 2009-07-01 08:30:56 PST -------
*** Bug 26883 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
------- Comment #13 From 2009-07-01 11:53:38 PST -------
Wooohooo!
------- Comment #15 From 2009-07-02 20:15:27 PST -------
Check the "From:" address now, Mark!