Playing with the HTML5 database implementation (http://webkit.org/misc/DatabaseExample.html) using a nightly build (sources from 10 am on 12/13/2007) under Windows XP:
1. Start Safari (run-safari). Open the example and create a few notes.
2. Close Safari. Reopen Safari.
3. View notes, move them around, etc.
4. Close Safari. Reopen Safari.
5. Error message: "Failed to open the database on disk".
Note: I observed this after implementing changes to the threading primatives (see bug http://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16428) which may be the cause.
Created attachment 17886 [details]
Sample file database from the HTML5 database example (C:\Documents and Settings\bfulgham\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\Safari\Databases\http_webkit.org_0) after the lock out error.
This is the result of the test case mentioned in the bug description. I can't open this file to access the data.
This is due to my thread changes. After backing them out, it seems to work properly.