When highlighting text in a scrolled textarea element, the text itself is not highlighted initially during either mouse drags or shift-arrow-key movements.
* STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Open Safari/WebKit.
2. Open the soon-to-be-attached test case.
3. Scroll the textarea down so that at least half of it is not blank lines.
4. Position the mouse pointer to the right of any text.
5. Click-and-hold, then move the mouse up and down.
6. Click once to the right of the text to position the cursor at the end of a line of text.
7. Holding the Shift key down, use the arrow keys to create a highlight region.
* EXPECTED RESULTS
Text should be highlighted when it's supposed to be highlighted.
* ACTUAL RESULTS
Text is not highlighted when it's supposed to be highlighted.
This is a recent (last 24-48 hours) regression in ToT WebKit as well as from shipping Safari.
- Tested with a local debug build of WebKit r21422 with Safari 2.0.4 (419.3) on Mac OS X 10.4.9 (8P135).
Created attachment 14498 [details]
Could probably be reduced further. I just copied/pasted HTML source from a Yahoo! Mail reply page (which is where I first saw the issue).
Looks like a bug that has been fixed once, where the scroll offset was not factored into repaint rect computation.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Looks like a bug that has been fixed once, where the scroll offset was not
> factored into repaint rect computation.
That was bug 12590.
Probably regressed in <http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/changeset/21387> (fix for <rdar://problem/4100616>).
I have a patch (essentially the same as for bug 13695), I'm just hunting for an already-failing pixel test so that I don't have to add a new one :)
Created attachment 14514 [details]
Comment on attachment 14514 [details]
Landed in r21435.
Mass removal of NeedsRadar keyword from my bugs that have already been RESOLVED.